How To Build A Sandbox For Your Kids, Step-by-Step

1. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 6 years ago

How To Build A Sandbox For Your Kids, Step-by-Step

2. JustMike profile image72
    JustMikeposted 6 years ago

What i would do is get some 2 X 8 boards and some 4 X 4 posts  from your local home improvement store and make the box whatever size you would like it to be. Then dig some holes in the ground and put in the 4x4 posts. After you put in the posts you fill in the holes around the posts with dirt bury the posts around 1 foot in the ground. Then secure the 2 X 8 boards to the 4 X 4's with wood screws. You could also use the boards that are the plastic kind that never rot like Trex but the cost is prohibitive. Then they also sell Sandbox sand by the bag. Or you could buy it by the pickup load at a sand and gravel supplier. It just depends on how big you want your sandbox to be. Fill your box with sand and there you have it a sandbox. You have to watch it though the local neighborhood cats are going to love your new sandbox as well as your children so watch them at first to see if they are using it to go to the bathroom. If you have a dog in the yard the cats will stay away.

3. Castlepaloma profile image77
    Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago

I build sand sculpture how for living for 37 year

1. 8'x4' - 1'' plywood , plastic at bottom
    2. 3- 4x4 - square post , nail or better -wood screw from bottom up through plywood
    3. Use cement block or milk box container to lift you sand box up 2 feet
    4. use plastic or cloth shirt around the out side of your box
    5. don't use store bag sand , test sand from a beach or sand pit , bunch wet sand in your hand then throw it up two feet, then catch it again, if it stays together well enough, it good. get a 1/2 ton of sand by 5 gal pails

I charge a lot of money for a display like this, good luck