jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do you love about vintage?

1. miss1magination profile image68
    miss1maginationposted 5 years ago

What do you love about vintage?

I just love vintage - old food cans, dresses and hairstyles.what do you like about vintage?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6980410_f260.jpg

2. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

Several things - the colours, the close ups, the old fashioned language, the politically incorrect statements and dialogues that are seen. Some of the vintage stuff is outrageous and shows how far we've progressed. They reflect an age when life was simpler, when most people knew which box they belonged in and were happy enough (or so it seemed) to stay there.
    You may want to visit a hub I created recently on this subject.

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image86
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I liked the advertisements when everything was so innocent. For example, instead of those sexist adverts you see left, right and centre, you had the real American Dream (I'm not a Yank, but you get the idea). Father had his pipe, mother had her hair in a bow, the daughter and son skip down the road and the black-spotted dog yelped as he joined them. All while the sun was shining behind them, and everyone passed that family by in a convertible with a smile on their face.

If that doesn't tell you what I love about vintage, then nothing can.

miss1maginationposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yep your right advertisements have change alot alright, now there getting louder, so I press the mute button:) love your answer made me laugh thanks

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I love the style of art in the 50's ads and commercials.  I was born in the 50's and see thing stuff is like stepping back in time.  I recently purchased a wonderful book, The Golden Age of Advertising--the 50's and it is full of pictures, ads etc.  A wonderful trip down memory lane.

One of the reason I enjoy it is that the pictures, photos and paintings were almost always positive, showing smiling happy people.

miss1maginationposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love the old commercials as well :)they where so different from todays.

working