jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Have you ever gotten upset at a game...because you beat it?

1. MichaelJohnMele profile image73
    MichaelJohnMeleposted 5 years ago

Have you ever gotten upset at a game...because you beat it?

I have...a few times to be exact...my list would include Infamous 2, Skyrim and now Dishonored. You've enjoyed the game so much, spent many enjoyable hours into it, then you finally beat it and it's all over...it just really makes me sad. Not because the game was bad or anything like that, quite the contrary, it was great and one of the best experiences in gaming to be had...but I guess like the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. Well now I'm off to find my new addiction...the drug to my habit if you will...wish me luck.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I've been sad to see a few games come to an end. But it usually only lasts a few days. If I really enjoyed the game, I'll start a new save file and do it all over again. Or break my fingers trying to get all of the unlockables. However, in the case of PC games, there is usually a modding community out there that is working hard to extend the life of the game. I remember I extended my Oblivion playtime considerably with the help of mods.

MichaelJohnMeleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I keep hearing wonderful things about PC gaming...I really need to give it a try.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image96
      M. T. Dremerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The only downsides to PC gaming, from my point of view, is the limited hard drive space to house them and a higher frequency of weird graphical bugs.

3. MichaelJohnMele profile image73

Are most PC games only available by means of digital download, or are they also available on disk?

4. M. T. Dremer profile image96

You can still get physical copies of them. Usually they are tucked away in the last shelf of the video game section of your local store.

5. MichaelJohnMele profile image73

Really...not trying to sound ignorant, but I never noticed them? Well except for WoW and Diablo...I see them everywhere.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image96

It does tend to be only the big name games, or the newest games. Exclusive pc games might stay up longer, but pc versions of hot titles will likely disappear shortly after coming out. More obscure pc games will have to be purchased online.

3. Slices of Life profile image70
    Slices of Lifeposted 5 years ago

I would say Skyrim as well. I loved playing the game and exploring the world, but once you've done everything there's to do, it pretty much loses its luster. And I've done EVERYTHING in that game from all the storylines, radiant quests, word walls, capping at level 81, building homes, getting married, etc. This all on top of forging/enchanting my own set of KICK@$$ Dragonscale Armor, so nothing can really kill me except falling from too high a cliff. All I can do is wait for the next DLC and let the vicious cycle being anew once more.

The only other game off the top of my head is World of Warcraft for almost the same reasons. Yeah, my guild has beat the endgame raid every week and we've all got the best gear...so, I'll just wait for the next expansion. [SlicesOfLife] has gone offline.

Skyrim was great...I had a lot of fun with it. Too bad I bought the PS3 version and can't play the DLC...what a shame.

2. Slices of Life profile image70
      Slices of Lifeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, my heart does go out to all the PS3 Skyrim Players for not having DLC. Dragonborn is about a week away and they don't have Dawnguard yet? I do feel kinda guilty for being a 360 player over this, PS3 Players should get to play the DLC, too.

3. MichaelJohnMele profile image73

Trust me...as one who loved Skyrim and put over 200 hours into it...it really does suck. You would think they would hurry up make something happen, it's like leaving money sitting on the table.

4. cicsomum profile image59
    cicsomumposted 5 years ago

The only game I really liked is World of Warcraft and its impossible to beat it so... smile

working