jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Which gaming console will be better, PS4 or XBOX One?

1. SoundNFury profile image81
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

Which gaming console will be better, PS4 or XBOX One?

2. Willsummerdreamer profile image86
    Willsummerdreamerposted 4 years ago

PS4. Because Sony isn't gonna punish people for playing the darn thing.

3. Dallas Matier profile image84
    Dallas Matierposted 4 years ago

At this point, I'm definitely leaning more toward the PS4.

4. EJ Lambert profile image74
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

I've always been a Sony guy and have never trusted Microsoft with how they handle the console genre.  I'll say PS4.  Besides, word is it will already be $30 cheaper, so that's a start.

5. Kitsune87 profile image76
    Kitsune87posted 4 years ago

Gonna go with the PS4. To be honest, I was leaning towards XOne due to Titanfall and Ryse, but I think I'll just stick with Sony. They pretty much had a better reception and more games. I've been watching E3 since the start, and so far, looks like I'll be getting a PS4. I love the idea of the 'Share' button, despite that hilarious advertisement Sony released. And plus, Destiny will also be on the PS3 and PS4, and not to mention, the PS4 has nabbed Planetside 2.

6. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

For me it's the PS4. The reasons to get the former heavily outweigh reasons to get the latter. I'm willing to pay an online fee (much like 360's LIVE), because I'm paying for quality. I'd also be willing to trade the "Sign into LIVE every 24 hours" for an £8.99 a month subscription fee for XBOX Live. Getting online on any console for me is a pain, but at least the PS4 doesn't make it compulsory to play games even if they're solely offline.

Plus it's cheaper. I don't care for Sky or music players or even the Kinect, so I'm not going to pay an extra £100 for 'more'. It could give me pudding and tummy tickles and I still wouldn't buy the damned thing. Not to mention backwards compatibility on the One is non-existant, meaning the original crowd is further alienated and pushed towards the PS4.

Because I'm a gentleman I wish Microsoft all the best, but I'm sorry to say that they're going way too far with what they think they can get away with. It's a matter of protection and safety versus freedom, and the One isn't giving enough freedom and choice.

TL;DR - I'm not sure about getting a PS4, all I know is that it's a fact I shan't get the Xbox One. And when that console ages and its servers come down, then what? You can't play the games at all then. Or do Microsoft seriously think it'll last forever?

7. Chris Qu profile image93
    Chris Quposted 4 years ago

The PS4. It's not vehemently, aggressively, offensively anti-consumer, and despite that its $100 cheaper.

8. Souther29 profile image82
    Souther29posted 4 years ago

As it stands at the moment I can only choose the PS4. Despite being a PS2, PS3 and PSP owner, I had an open mind before Microsoft started digging themselves a hole with restrictions and consumer-unfriendly options.

PS4 certainly the one for me at the moment and quite excited about Watch Dogs and also Gaikai. Just seems they have consumers much more in mind and actually have listened to feedback over the years.

9. TNT Husky profile image72
    TNT Huskyposted 4 years ago

Well, i'm not one to say "better" But I admittedly prefer the PS4. Microsoft has a good console on their hands, That can be seen. The problem is Microsoft thinks people will be okay with all of these restrictions on DRM and having the Kinect always connected to the system, or having to connect to the internet once a day. After all of this, the question becomes is it worth the investment? In my opinion, no. The system is good, and the games look great, but it's not worth all of the extra investments needed to make them happen. Compare that to the PS4, where the only things you need to pay for are the console and games, the plus service, and an extra controller if you need or want it. the only downside i've seen to the PS4 so far is the fact that you need the plus membership for online multiplayer. I don't play online often anyway, so it's not a big deal.

I don't think the Xbox One is bad, but I could sum it up by calling it the "Xbox One too many" there's just too much against it, and not enough to back it up. I'll definitely be buying a PS4. Destiny is one of the first shooters I've ever been interested in playing.

10. residentstone profile image59
    residentstoneposted 4 years ago

Im a PS loyalist, so PS4 here, the hardware will be no joke, and they always come correct with sweet games, so, uh yeah.