jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What are your thoughts on Grand Theft Auto 5?

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

What are your thoughts on Grand Theft Auto 5?

As a fan of all GTA games save for those on the PS1 and GTA3, I've been highly anticipating this but haven't seen any footage or reviews to spoil the experience for myself. Would you personally recommend GTA5, and if so, what reasons would you do so?

Another question I have is "rent or buy"? I'll only buy the game if it'll last longer than a weekend, has high replay value and additional things once the main story is complete. Otherwise, it's a rental for £5, as opposed to a full purchase for £44.95 (which actually isn't bad).

Thanks in advance!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8387493_f260.jpg

2. Nimesh De Silva profile image79
    Nimesh De Silvaposted 4 years ago

I don't know, I'm a PC gamer.

But by the looks of gameplay videos and screenshots, GTA V is nothing short of the best game ever.

JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I can't imagine this game being that good on PC (due to control), but I'm sure it is for that platform - I imagine Steam will have loads of promotions for it ^^

3. MattWritesStuff profile image96
    MattWritesStuffposted 4 years ago

It's fantastic. And enormous. There are so many things to do. I've been playing it for maybe ten hours so far, and I think I've covered maybe 19% of the game. I highly recommend buying it.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I've never played any of the Grand Theft Auto series, but after its blockbuster sales I wish I owned stock in the studio that made it.

5. William157 profile image75
    William157posted 4 years ago

GTA games are like Apple products in that the newest one is just a refinement of the previous generation. If you've played any games in the series, you'll be right at home. This one is very much like San Andreas (my favorite GTA from the last generation); it's just that they've improved basically everything.

To actually answer your question, I don't think it's possible to beat this game in a weekend; there's just too much of it. Not to mention GTA Online which launches very soon, I don't see a reason not to buy it if you're a fan.

JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic answer as always, William157! I have purchased a copy and I look forward to playing it out of personal enjoyment rather than review, though there will be a Hub on it I'm sure! ^^

6. LudoLogic profile image96
    LudoLogicposted 4 years ago

From what I can gather I'm about half way through the main game as I write this, and I have to say I'm mightily impressed so far. Certainly one of the best open-world games we've had this generation.

Like William157 says, it's very much San Andreas 2.0 along with some new stuff here and there. Having multiple playable characters has been a pretty cool idea too. I'll get to writing a full review when I've finished it but there's plenty of stuff to do outside of the main storyline so it's certainly worth buying I reckon.

working