jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Will Call of Duty: Ghosts be a success?

1. phtech profile image81
    phtechposted 4 years ago

Will Call of Duty: Ghosts be a success?

Or do you think the Call of Duty line has been overused?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

It's most likely going to be a success, but it probably won't last long on the next generation of consoles because people will expect more titles for it, and the devs simply don't know the capabilities of the console (so their next game may be too punishing or too 'last-gen'). Also, there's few other genres to be playing in this generation but shooters, and the sooner players realise that (and they are), the more demand there will be for other genres and less for shooters.

As I always say, the more you have, the more you want. Sadly, as one poster here in the past said, "it's not what CoD does that makes it a failure, but what it doesn't do", and it's not bringing all that much to the table. It's Quake and Unreal all over again.

1. phtech profile image81
      phtechposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I would have to disagree because I don't think people buy FPSs for the campaigns anymore. Online multiplayer is the big seller now and all it takes to make the game more "next gen" is a downloaded update. It should be good in my eyes.

3. muzzster profile image90
    muzzsterposted 4 years ago

Of course. There are a ton of COD fans out out there, including me. They have introduced a new game mode "squads" which looks interesting after seeing some demo footage. Other then that, it is a good way to kill some time and the leveling up makes it all the more interesting.

working