This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Excluding the school of Destruction, what is your favorite magic school in Skyri

1. RPGDude77 profile image60
    RPGDude77posted 4 years ago

Excluding the school of Destruction, what is your favorite magic school in Skyrim and why???

2. C.V.Rajan profile image76
    C.V.Rajanposted 4 years ago

You see, I graduated from Hogwarts. Harry Potter was my class mate. The whole wizard world knows that Hogwarts is the best school for magic. We don't recognize any school in Skyrim as worthy!

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image82
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

I don't think any school but Destruction is useful, to be perfectly honest. Restoration is excellent and - no pun intended - a real lifesaver on higher difficulties, because warding spells and healing will be essential. Alteration is lacking considerably because most of the spell tomes I find increase armour rating and rarely give me useful things like 'open lock' spells, which I'll need because my latest character is a pure Mage archetype. Conjuration is good but it's all about the AI (as in what you've summoned), and if it doesn't act accordingly, which for the most part it doesn't, the school is next to useless.

Other than these I don't know what other Schools there are. I've only just started playing a Mage properly, and it seems Destruction and Restoration will be the ones I use from start to finish. It'd be interesting to see the others at work though.

working