Which Oblivion DLC is better, Knights of the Nine, or the Shivering Isles?

1. RPGDude77 profile image59
    RPGDude77posted 4 years ago

Which Oblivion DLC is better, Knights of the Nine, or the Shivering Isles?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

The Shivering Isles hands down. The Knights of the Nine was everything Isles wasn't:

Short
    Meaningless
    Unrewarding
    Anywhere in lore before this
    Never referred to again in the rest of the game or sequels

The Knights of the Nine had promise, I'll give it that - going to take out some kind of demon which sacrifices priests; going on a pilgrimage like a real RPG; getting together an elite crack squad of templars and solving puzzles like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It's really fun to play through but the outcome is so pitiful that you're left with a priory to yourself and some magic items (some of which can't be used by certain archetypes and skill users, I might add). It wasn't bad, but it lacked so much replay value and I only do it still because I paid for it, plus it's different to other quests which makes a nice change

I've reviewed both pieces of DLC for a more in-depth review, but the bottom line is that Knights of the Nine pales in comparison to the art style, morale dilemmas, fascinating cast, memorable side quests and final outcome of Shivering Isles. When I can say housing DLC was more memorable with a straight face, that's bad.

Shivering Isles review:
    http://johngreasygamer.hubpages.com/hub … s-A-Review

Knights of the Nine review:
    http://johngreasygamer.hubpages.com/hub … A-Critique

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

There is definitely more content in the Shivering Isles, but I feel like it lacked the narrative push that made Knights of the Nine fun to play. There is a really good intro to the Shivering isles and the mad king is a great addition to the game, but I found myself losing direction after the intro quests are done. Even though I knew there was more to be done, I couldn't find anything and lost interest. Where as I blazed through the Knights of the Nine and enjoyed the final battle atop the clouds.

working