- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Glide Bikes Mini Glider Balance Bike
Glide Bikes Mini Glider Balance Bike
When it's time for your little one to begin learning how to ride a bike, it's time to consider a . In fact, if your child has learned how to walk, quite possibly it is time to start looking at balance bikes. Glide Bikes Mini Glider Balance Bike
You see, a balance bike is designed for the child to straddle it with their feet on the ground and to propel themselves with their feet. They don't have to worry about pushing on pedals. The very youngest children can just stand over the bike. Then they will begin to walk with it. Soon they will be running, and then pulling their feet up and gliding.
Once they get to the point of gliding on the balance bike, they will have learned all of the necessary balance skills that will enable them to ride a bike. the only thing skill that the balance bike doesn't teach is perhaps the simplest to learn, and that is pedaling. In fact, they may have already learned to pedal from riding a tricycle.
It's quite possible that the lightweight Mini Glider Balance Bike by Glide Bikes is the perfect "first bike" for your child. Check out the features and the reviews that are outlined in this website.
images courtesy of Amazon.com
Glide Bikes Mini Glider Balance Bike Features
Lightweight Aluminum Frame Makes it Easy for the Little Ones to Control
A lower center of gravity and mountain bike geometry allows for balancing at as low as 1.5 mph.
- Comes standard with a child-sized hand brake so the child can stop safely
- Weighs less than 9 pounds (About half the weight of a similar sized pedal bike)
- Quick release seat clamp so you can adjust the seat height without using tools
- Padded handlbar and stem for improved safety
- EVA foam tires with no air required for reduced maintenance requirement
- Weight limit up to 100 pounds
- Lifetime Warranty - best in class!
A Look at the Go Glide Balance Bike - What One Mom Learned From a Child About Learning to Ride a Bike
If you want to know what the kids want to ride, go ask them. Here's one child who got exactly what they wanted. They have a bike that they can ride, but it doesn't have the training wheels, so it looks more like the bikes that the big kids ride. That's important to the children.
What's important to the parents is that their child is safe from harm, having fun, and learning balance and coordination.
Glide Bikes Mini Glider Balance Bike Reviews
I Wish They Made These When I Was a Kid
Out of 55 consumer reviews, they have rated the Mini Glider Balance Bike with 4.5 out of 5 stars. Most of the customers who liked this balance bike expressed how this lightweight bike was so easy to control for even the smaller children.
I've summarized some of the comments made by consumers who had purchased this balance bike:
- I love the light weight. My child can carry it into the house unassisted
- Very easy to assemble
- It's nice to prop the bike on the kickstand when it's not in use
- The size of the bike is great - small enough for a 2 year old to ride
- The foot pegs are awesome - the location makes it very easy to put their feet up
- The tires don't grip as well as regular tires, but not having to maintain them compensates for the limitations
- "I didn't want to spend this much for a kids bike, but now I wish I would have purchased it a year ago"
Though some people felt that the price was a little high, they became especially pleased with their purchase when their kids learned to balance so quickly and were then ready for a pedal bike
Important Bicycle Safety Suggestion
Always make sure your child wears a helmet while riding their bike.
Children's Bicycle Helmets - Make Certain Your Child is Safe While Riding Bicycles
Balance bikes are really quite safe. It would be a rather odd exception for an accident that caused anything more than scrapes or bruises. Having your child wear a helmet whenever they ride their balance bike further reduce the chances for injury. Why not take this simple precaution with your precious children?
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
Ohohdon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.