- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Top 10 Facebook Games
The Best Facebook Games of All Time
Tired of the same Zynga games? Know the alternatives (for me, Zynga are the worst... too friend dependent and worried about expanding the network.)
This is the objective of all the Facebook games in the platform - if you are here, it means you certainly have done something right!
On this page you will find the 10 best Games on Facebook of all time, but keep in mind that this is a list in constant changes, as new games are also emerging and updates are frequent.
Dont be shy and let me know what do you think of the list, and suggest some alternatives!
So without further delays, here is the list at the moment:
10. Mythic Heroes - Facebook Strategy Game
Mythic Heroes is a role playing game with strategic elements set in a world of Greek Mythology. Adventure and explore vast lands of Greece, while simultaneously building the empire of Argos.
The gameplay is the same as all those free strategy games on a web. Have a village, upgrade the building, have heroes, upgrade the heroes. Fight through maps and kill epic bosses. The game is even better if you have friends playing.
- How it Rolls: Besides the basic elements mentioned above, the game has a crafting mechanic and severall instances. The equipment is upgradeable and the coices are vast. Heroes may command different types of units.
9. Cooking Mama - Facebook Sim Game
Just dont make me less of a man just by recomending this, but I really enjoy it and I dont know why, maybe I'm a chef in making.
Lots of Recipes and Ingredients to mix and work on in this game.
- How it Rolls: You choose a recipe, buy the ingredients, and the fun part - you do it all by hand and thru the right processes. See the bread toasting, put butter on it, cut the meat, grill the fish, shake the eggs, bake in the oven…. let the cooking momma inside you ROAR.
8. Dragon Age Legends - Face Book RPG Game
Its a hero rpg game, you explore and get to have your own castle.
- How it Rolls: You advance a level, fight a horde of beasts, advance another level, slay another horde of beasts. Its good looking and funny but it gets repetitive. You can have your own castle and lackeys - to guard it, produce potions or grenades. Its good for a while, then it gets boring.
7. Army Attack - Facebook Strategy Game... again
The downpoint of this game is offcourse the energy limitation and the need to have friends playing - but thatÂ´s social media gaming for you.
- How it Rolls: It Rolls pretty much like Advance Wars - each unit has a different range, different strenghts and weaknesses, you can have your own base to support your war effort and the map is always the same, you just conquer land - its a great positive point in my opinion.
6. NanoStar Siege - Strategy games are really what's hot on facebook nowadays.
NanoStar Siege is a game that strategists will love. The graphics remind us of some strategy games for portable consoles, or some strategy/rpg free flash games. The gameplay is not abstract as most strategy facebook games are.
The objective is to take the enemy's castle. Bonus objective is defending your own. If your own castle is conquered you dont loose it.
- How it Rolls: You can costumize your formation, hire different types of troops, recruit different quantities - you get more points and spend less in using fewer troops - this makes you try to adequate the attacking force to the castle your trying to take. You can also use spells to support your army. NanoStar Siege is one of the best games on Facebook because it manages to be graphic and yet simple. Give it a try if you are a strategy fan.
5. Ninja Warz - An action app
Ninja Warz consists of you owning a Ninja School. You recruit students, equip them, train them, and make them duel other schools. The screenshot above shows how the fight looks like. You really watch them go at it and you notice yourself rooting a lot for your little guys to beat the crap out of the enemy ninjas.
- How it Rolls: I explained a lot above, but I'd like to add you have minigames for bonus karma and gold coins (karma beeing the paid currency)
4. Jungle Jewells - Pass the time!
Ok, so this is not the type of game people usually search for, for that I apologize, but it is so addicting. In my university years I used to play this non-stop versus the other students there, all of us trying to achieve the high-score… Its so close we just have to try it again.
- How it Rolls: You switch the gems and try to match them, Bejewelled style, in the end it gives you the score and compares it with the score of your friends. Its insanelly addicting I tell you!
3. Mafia Wars 2 - The only Zynga on the top
Mafia Wars 2 is the only Zynga game on this top. Zynga games usually are too friend and friend-help dependent. Thats a huge turn-off for me. This is not an exception, you still need a lot of help, but it makes up for it in other ways.
- How it Rolls: In Mafia Wars you just had text and numbers, here you have great animations, a home turf to customize (character too), and you actually feel like doing some damage robbing, shooting others, beating others to pulp. It gets your inner gangster out. Altough far from a perfect game, it certainly is the best Mafia Game on Facebook.
2. Mighty Pirates - Insanely addictive
I had a blast with this one. The visuals are cartoony, but sweet, and the game is divided between two mechanics - island looting and ship duelling.
- How it Rolls: You and your crew can loot islands and search for plunder, treasure and buried booty. This works like any treasure hunting game, like the popular Treasure Isle. On the other hand, you can duel other pirates, and that's ever so exciting! You can fully customize your cannons, sails, hull, everything you can think off to prepare to battle. Adjust a high-precision technique? Choose a High-Damage Tactic? Adopt a Spray-and-Pray modus operandi? You choose. You give the orders to your crew members: Should they use the spyglass to give better coordinates to fire into? Should they run the deck extinguishing fires and repairing the holes? Its your choice. Anyways - get your own boat!
1. UberStrike - Facebook's First Person Shooter game. FPS
UberStrike is a free to play Massive Online First Person Shooter Game MOFPS that resembles a fusion between Counter-Strike and Quake III Arena.
Originally a paid game, Uberstrike is a multiplayer FPS inspired by COD or Modern Combat with some luxuriously bright visuals and gameplay that isn't too shoddy.
- How it Rolls: You can customize your character with different clothes, different armor, different weapons - sure, you got to have some money, but you win it from killing other players. Real live players and not just lame bots. This game is different because of its awesome graphics AND the fact that it doesnt put you up with AI but with real live players - Hell, you can even ask a friend to join you and get trigger happy.
You should definitly give it a try, FPS isnt my favourite genre, but this game just cuts it!
UberStrike Gameplay Video
So here is the winner. Try it.
If you liked this lense
You have to read this...
- Top Ten Flash Games
Check this one out