Facebook's Treasure Isle: Everything You Need To Know
Welcome To Treasure Isle!
Welcome to Treasure Isle, the newest online game from Zynga, the people who brought you Farmville, Yoville, and Petville! Sort of surprising they didn't name it Treasureville, huh?
Treasure Isle allows players to act out their fantasy of being a real like treasure hunter, digging for priceless artifacts, jewels, and gold!
So let's put on your explorer hat and head out to Treasure Isle!
Aloha! Time To Create Your Explorer
When you first get to the Island, you'll be asked to choose between Male and Female. Once you've clicked your preference, your new explorer will be dropped onto his or her very own private island.
To change your character's looks, all you need to do is click on them. A Male/Female screen will pop up again, however at the bottom of the screen is a 3rd option, "Edit Look," which allows players to customize their face and outfit.
If you've ever played Yoville, Zynga's most popular game, you'll notice that all the facial features and hair options are exactly the same in Treasure Isle. This is nice because it'll let you coordinate your character to look the same in all your Zynga games!
You've created your explorer and now it's time to put him or her to work! First-time gold diggers will always begin on Aloha Island. This is a small island where you'll look for for your first collection of treasure!
To dig for treasure, you'll want to click on the
shovel icon. Click on patches of ground to dig at. Darkened or shadowed
areas have not been searched yet. They help you keep track of which
areas you've already dug at and which ones you haven't.
piece of treasure is part of a collection. Completed collections can be
traded in for huge coin bonuses! If you're missing certain items from
your collections, you can add them to your wish-list and one of your
friends may send them your way!
Travel From Island To Island
You'll be doing a lot of traveling in this game, as you can see from the map. You begin your adventures with a small and fragile rowboat. To travel, you'll want to click your wooden rowboat. This rowboat will take you to the next island on your map or back home to your private island.
As you progress in the game, you'll be able to make upgrades to your boat. Keep an eye out for ways to upgrade your boat so you can discover and explore more distant lands.
How Does The Energy Work?
Click edit above to add content to this empty capsule.
Energy lets you search
for buried treasure. Each time you dig, you
use a little bit of energy up. When you begin the game, you'll be given a
full bar of energy. As you
dig for treasure, this bar will begin to decrease. Energy can be
refilled by eating fruit,
using energy packs, or simply coming back after some time has passed.
- On your home island, you have a small garden
where you're able to plant seeds and grow the fruit of your choice.
- There are several different types of fruit, each contain different amounts of energy.
- You can find fruit as you dig for buried treasure, but only if you have the energy to actually be digging.
- If you find fruit, it will be placed in your backpack.
- You can also receive fruit as Facebook gift requests, but don't forget to send free fruit back!
- As your friends dig, they may find extra fruit which they can post as a feed for their friends. Check these feeds for free fruit crates.
- Energy packs are special items which, when consumed, completely refills your energy bar.
- You'll be given one energy pack for free when you
first join Treasure Isle.
- You can ask for energy packs from
your friends once a day, but be nice and send them back one also.
- Energy packs can be purchased from the store, but for a staggering 10 Island Cash. Personally, I wouldn't waste real money to buy fake money.
Passing The Time:
- 1 point of energy is replaced every 5 minutes. Personally, I'm not patient enough to wait.
- If you're waiting for energy to re-supply itself, try playing some of the other great Facebook games like Yoville, Petville, or Hotel City!
- Another thing you can do while waiting is to decorate your own island!
Your Very Own Island!
Each explorer receives his or her very own private island, like the one shown here! Here you can relax, plant and grow fruit, and decorate to your hearts content!
The Gem Tree is a strange and rare plant that comes in several varieties. You can only harvest one gem per day, once you harvest your tree, your friends can collect a gem to help them in their travels. You can also visit your friends' islands to collect a variety of gem colors.
You can sell gems for gold coins or you can use
them while you're exploring. There will occasionally be obstacles in
your way while you're digging for treasure and gems help you get past
them. Each gem opens a different gate that corresponds to it's color, so
don't be so quick to sell your gems!
The gem tree isn't the only thing that keeps on giving. There is a treasure chest on your island that will give you coins every day. There's no telling how much gold is in it until you open it. Your friends have treasure chests too, and there's always a little bit in there for you when you visit their islands.
Decorating Your Island
Personalizing your island is, in my opinion, the funnest part of this game.
- Make your Island a tropical oasis with lush plants, bright flowers, and a jungle-like waterfall.
- Go for the Tiki
theme, with a full Tiki bar and stool set and thatched Tiki hut!
- Create your own private beach with an array of surfboards, beach towels, and even a lifeguard tower.
To buy decorations, you'll need to go to the store! This is where
you'll find everything you need to decorate your island!They have tons
of cool items to purchase including trees, flowers, and animals!
The store is also where you'll find objects you'll need for your travels. Example: You'll need to buy a machete to cut through brush while you're digging for buried treasure!
Facebook feeds for Treasure Isle are a superb way of finding extra fruit, earning special bonuses, and accepting neat gifts only found in feeds. To view your friends' feeds, You'll want to go to your home page on Facebook. Check "Most Recent Posts" and begin the hunt.
To know if it's a Treasure Isle feed, it'll give you the time of posting along with the app that it came from. If it says via "Treasure Isle," you're in luck. But make sure you're quick about clicking feeds, because someone could get to it before you! Uh-oh!
Quit Reading and Start Digging!
So I definitely have to give thanks to Zynga for another awesome and addictive game. Treasure Isle is a great addition to their gaming line-up. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Have fun and God Bless!