- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Six dangerous signs after heart surgery.
In hours after heart surgery, six dangerours signs are watch for according to the experts.
1. Bleeding around the heart. Called tamponade, is a dangerous compression of the heart which occurs when fluid is trapped inside the pericardium. It can precipitate a fatal drop in blood pressure and must be corrected by emergency surgery. This is so serious, which can lead to death.
Lungs malfunction. The lungs can develop resistance to the new pressure system created by revised blood circulation with the heart.
Heart Block. When the surgeon sews a patch into the heart for a VSD repair, he must avoid hitting a vital clump of nerves call the bundle of His. If a single suture is placed into this clump, it can destroy the heart's natural pacing system and the patient must be hooked up to a pacemaker.
4. Low urine output. This indicative that the kidneys are not being well nourished with blood pumped from the heart.
5. Arrhythmia. An abnormal rhythm that can send the heart into fibrillation and death.
6. Bleeding around the graft. This piece of tissue that is transplanted from one part of the body to another part that has been damaged.
You should not eat or drink within eight hours of the scheduled surgery time.
Any excessive nausea, diarrhea, constipation, stomach pain, vomiting dizziness or light-headedness
when standing or skin rash , unusual burning or bleeding,
Last by not final it is important to eat heart healthy food,
such as those rich in fiber and low in fats.