- Fertility & Reproductive Systems
Acupuncture and Fertility
Exploring the Relationship Between Acupuncture and Fertility
For those who are familiar with Chinese traditional medicine, you would agree that there is a close relationship between acupuncture and fertility. It simply cannot be ignored for those of you who have been doing some study on the benefits of Chinese medicine and traditional approach to this subject. It is a method that has been practiced by the Chinese since hundreds of years ago and is still one of the best natural ways to boost ovulation, fertility, and conception.
In our modern world, acupuncture treatments are used to help the body prepare for conception, providing an optimum environment for the egg, sperm, and successful implantation.
The Chinese views acupuncture as a stimulation of qi and blood, also yin and yang. Building up your yin and blood helps follicle development, and the tonified yin and blood would increase blood circulation to the ovaries and uterus. Moving your qi would promote strong ovulation and when the yang is tonified, it would promote implantation.
If you are unsure of the meaning of the Chinese terms in relation to the female reproductive system, it can be described as; Blood – blood, with emphasis on its moving and nourishing functions, Jing – reproductive essence, also pre-natal inheritance and genetic make-up, Qi – life force, energy and activating spark, Yang – the body’s functions related to movement, transformation and heating and is the complementary opposite of yin, Yin - the body’s functions related to nourishment, moistening and cooling and is the complementary opposite of yang.
10 Benefits of Acupuncture for Fertility
Here are the 10 benefits of acupuncture for conception and fertility :
1. Promotes strong ovulation and facilitate the smooth release of an egg;
2. Helps to build more follicles in the ovaries that are not responding well to the stimulation by the pituitary hormones.
3. Reduces uterine spasms which will help implantation phase.
4. Improves sperm count, motility, quality and density in men.
5. Helps to regulate menstruation and ovulation, corrects subtle imbalances by influencing hormonal pathways to stimulate hormone production.
6. Eliminates underlying inflammation that may harm fertility.
7. Increases blood flow to the ovaries, improving their function and nourishing the developing follicles thus helping them grow which is critical as we age, because blood flow to the ovaries declines naturally as we grow older.
8. Regulates the immune system which can disrupt fertility if they are overactive.
9. Increases blood flow to the uterus, thus improving the quality of the uterine lining (thickens the endometrium), suitable for implantation.
10. Relieves stress and indirectly clamps down the stress hormones which otherwise would impede fertility.
Acupuncture as a Modern Fertility Treatment
With these 10 benefits of acupuncture for conception and fertility, it is no wonder that many doctors and modern medical experts have started to explore or partner up with Chinese traditional medicine experts in recommending acupuncture as the better option to get pregnant the natural way. Acupuncture and fertility is gaining popularity in the modern world and probably is here to stay.
Improve Your Fertility With These (I've read them myself)
Acupuncture for fertility - the natural and safest way to conceive