10 Ways to Relieve Stress
With our hectic lifestyles it is easy to become overworked and beaten down. However, hopeless we may feel there are ways that you can combat stress. This list of ways that I use to give myself an escape from this crazy life.
- Create a mental image: Sit tall with good posture and take a deep breath. Visualize your own form of paradise and just focus on that image for a minute. Once you notice your nerves calming then you can open your eyes. You will instantly feel better than you did before.
- Exercise: This is an excellent way to work off all of that stress and tension in your body. Be sure to stretch and perhaps do some yoga. My personal favorite is Pilates. I enjoy doing the workouts on YouTube. Blogilates
- Fragrances/Candles: Keep a pleasant scene around you. There is a very pleasant and fresh sent called Pink Sands from Yankee Candle and it is so relaxing.
- Listen to the right music: If you are allowed to wear the headphones and listen to music at work then listen to easy listening music. Skip the hectic music that will distract you.
- Journal: Write out your frustrations and try to figure out ways that you can combat them. Simply getting your thoughts out of your mind and onto paper can work wonders.
- Change your habits: Skips behavioral problems that may be making things worse for you. For example, avoid drinking, smoking, bad relationships, poor sleep patterns, over or under eating, and spending too much time watching TV. Opt for healthy habits.
- Express your feelings: Talk to friends, family, or a therapist. Don’t bottle it all up if it is too much for you to handle.
- Take control: If you don’t like the feeling of stress then take the steps to change it.
- Time management: Make yourself aware of your time management skills. Do you tend to procrastinate? Then take the necessary steps to improve. Create a calendar/schedule with your daily activities. Stay organized.
- Do something for yourself: Take at least a day a month to do something fun for yourself. Whether it is a day at the spa or just doing something you love at home.