Top 10 Toothache Remedies
Toothache remedies before seeing the Dentist
- Take Advil pain reliever every 6 hours, and Anbesol Instant Pain Relief for toothache.
- Brush teeth daily with coconut oil, let the coconut oil sit on the hurting tooth for 20 minutes. Rinse with hydrogen peroxide which can be bought at a local pharmacy.
- You can also soak a cotton ball with coconut oil and 2 drops of clove oil, and let sit on the hurting tooth for 5-10 hours.
- After eating food rinse and swish your teeth with warm sea saltwater. Use 1 teaspoon of sea salt or iodized white salt and mix with 4 ounces of water. Swish in mouth for 2-5 minutes. Do a salt-water gargle rinse after every meal and/or every 4 hours to decrease toothache bacteria and cold symptoms.
- Keep lips moisturized with chapstick to prevent lips from being chapped.
- Get plenty of rest, take an evening nap for at least 30 minutes or longer.
- Consume lots of vitamin C such as oranges, 100% orange juice, bananas, apple smoothies, or your choice of fruit smoothies.
- When the temperature is cold in your home wear socks, a robe, pajama pants, etc.; to keep the cold out of your body. Warm-up by drinking hot soups, herbal teas, and lemon water.
- Drink plenty of water; at least 32-64 ounces of water or herbal tea (without sugar) daily can help speed up the healing process of toothache pain and flu symptoms. Drinking fluids flush out the toxic symptoms of colds and flu.
- Avoid eating crunchy foods and food or drink that contain sugar until toothache problems are fixed by a Dentist. Allow the tooth and gums to heal for at least a month before irritating with hard foods.
Check with your doctor before taking any medications.
Most toothache pain happens with cold symptoms, or cold symptoms may cause toothache. The throbbing pain of a toothache is of course unbearable. And the aching pain seems to usually happen with the back wisdom teeth, especially during the Spring and Winter months.
When having cold symptoms along with the toothache, it's a good idea to treat the cold symptoms with pain medication from your local pharmacy such as "Rite Aid Multi-Symptom Nite Time Cold/Flu Formula, Original Flavor."
Also drinking hot lemon water and vegetable soups can assists with decreasing toothache and cold symptoms. Rinse mouth/teeth with sea salt mixed in warm water before going to bed at night.
♦ Benefits of brushing teeth with coconut oil daily will make teeth enamel stronger, promotes antibacterial properties to attack germs, will decrease cavities from forming especially when adding a few drops of clove oil to the coconut oil. ♦
Hope these top 10 tips list of toothache remedies will help someone, but if the ache won't go away, see an Emergency room Doctor for antibiotics if there's an infection. Some toothache situations may lead to a possible tooth extraction, by a dentist.
AVOID putting alcohol or liquor on the toothache
Would You Try Coconut Oil to Stop a Toothache?
© 2017 Ann810