15 Fat Burning Cardio Workout You Can Do At Home
Below are some of the best cardio exercises everyone needs to do to stay fit and stay strong.
1. Jumping/Skipping Rope:
Skipping is one of the best cardio exercise out there. It can help you to come into shape within few days of working out there. It burns 10 to 16 calories per minute and engages more muscles than swimming or rowing. 10 minutes of skipping in enough for the beginners.
- Stand straight, hold the rope and swing the rope forward and hope over it.
- Take both leg toes together up at the same time, move the rope with your wrist do not move the whole hand.
- Try it by different variation by jumping on one foot, crossing the feet, jumping with high knees etc.
- Do 3 set of 3 minutes (3x3) rest one minute between the set.
2. Jumping Jack:
Jumping jack is an aerobic exercise which help raise your heart rate and help in decrease body weight and fat. It also has a impact on your inner and outer thigh and help in loosing belly fat which is nowadays a challenging issue for everyone.
- Stand upright with your legs together, arms at your side.
- As you jump spread your legs about shoulder width apart stretch your arms out and over your head.
- Jump back to the starting position and do it continuously.
- Do 3 sets of 20 rep each and increase rep with the time.
3. High Knees:
High knees are cardio extensive exercise performed at a fast pace. This exercise strengthens all the muscles in your leg and also help in burning out fat and calories. Doing high knees also have a slightly impact on your abs.
- Stand straight on your feet. Lift your left knee to your chest, switch the left knee to right.
- Continue the movement at a running pace alternating changing the knees.
- Maintain the pace continuously for 50 counts or 20 seconds.
- Do 3 sets of 50 counts to get the best result.
4. Butt Kicks:
Butt kicks are best cardio exercise for to improve body balance and hamstring strength. Butt kick is opposite of high knees exercise.
- Stand with your legs together arm on your side.
- Lift right leg backward touching the butt with your heel switch the leg to right
- Continue alternating your heels and increase the speed after few count.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps with an accelerated speed.
5. Jogging in Place:
Running and jogging in place is an effective cardiovascular exercise that helps in burning the calories and increases in aerobic fitness. There is a slight difference between jogging in same place and jogging outside. Jogging in place is a quick way to get rid of ugly belly fat.
- While standing, mimic the movement that you make if you were jogging, but stay in one place.
- Bend your knees quickly raise up one foot and change legs alternatively.
- Do it for at least 5 to 10 minutes with a brief resting of 60 seconds.
6. Squat Jumps:
Squat jump is an explosive cardio workout. It increases your explosive power improves your lower and upper body. It burns lots of calories and strengthens the leg muscles. A squat will not just increase the strength of your leg but will give your abs an added training session.
- Start with your feet shoulder width apart, bend your knees and lower into a squat.
- Push the hands backwards and pull back upwards and jump with it as high as you can.
- Land gently back into the same squat position and repeat.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
7. Lunge Jumps:
Lunge jumps improves lower body strength and power. It targets the glutes, hamstring, quads and calves. Not only this it also recruits your cardiovascular system. Lunges also help in burning calories from 5.28 calories to 9.33 per minute.
- Keep your body straight with your shoulder relaxed and chin up.
- Step forward with one leg, lowering your hip until your both knees are bent about a 90 degree angle.
- Put your shoulder down switch your arm back and quickly switch your arms upward and jump
- With jump switch the legs.
- Three sets of 10 rep on each leg.
8. Box Jumps:
Box jumps are lower body cardio exercises that can help to tone up your thigh, shin, butts and calves. In box jump you all work on your leg muscles and strengthen your core using your own weight.
- Stand straight in front of box almost about 24 to 30 inch for beginners.
- Bend your knees and make a half squat position with your back straight.
- Swing your arm up and jump explosively into the box.
- Land back and repeat.
- Do 3 sets of 5 reps and rest between the sets because sometime jumping can strain the nerves.
Burpee are excellent cardio exercises that involves most part of your body. It work for your arm, back, chest, core and legs. Studies have showed that high intensity exercises like burpees, burn up to 50% more than conventional strength exercises.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bend at your hips and knees to lower yourself into squat position.
- Put your hands on the floor in a push up position
- Kick your feet backward and make a plank position
- Perform a single push up and jump back to the squat position.
- Jump straight upward to finish it.
- Do 3 sets of 10 rep each for the beginners.
10. Mountain Climber:
Mountain climber can get your heart pumping while building strength in your legs, core and arms. It is also great for building cardio endurance and agility. You can improve your circulation level with this quick and easy cardio exercise.
- Lie on the floor in a plank position with your body balancing on your wrists.
- Bend the right knee towards the chest in the air. Do not touch the ground and take it back to plank position.
- Do same with the other knee and continue alternating the movement with both knees.
- Do 3 sets of 10 rep each if you are a beginner .Then increase it to 20 after some days.
11. Plank Jack:
Plank jack help to strengthen the upper and lower part of your body. Adding plank jack exercise to your routine can burn calories and reduce fat. It can burn 2 to 5 calories per minute according to the body weight.
- Begin in a plank position, with your shoulder over your wrist.
- Your body in straight line and feet together.
- Jump and spread your leg wider than your shoulder width.
- Jump back to lank position and repeat.
- Holding plank jack for 2 minutes is enough for beginners.
12. Plank Skier Hops:
Plank skier hop is best cardio exercise. It help in working out the upper body including chest, shoulder, arms and abdominal muscles.
- Start in a position of plank with your hands under your shoulder.
- Move your legs together by bending the knee towards chest then back to original position
- Then towards right elbow and back then towards left elbow and back to point.
- Holding plank for 2 minutes is enough for beginners.
13. Skater Jump:
Skater jump are considered as a full body dynamic workout involve jumping in a manner that shifts your weight from side to side to create a skating stride. The main muscle worked by the skater are found in your leg and rump.
- Step your right foot behind your left leg and bend both knees to lower into a lunge.
- Make a position such that your right knee comes behind your left heel.
- Press through your left heel and bring your right foot to starting position
- That’s one rap do it on the other side.
- Do 3 sets of 20 rep for each leg.
14. Inchworm Crawl:
Inchworm crawl is the motion of walking on your hands going to the plank position. Since it involves walking on hand, as you step hands forward away from feet your shoulder, chest, triceps and even your abdominal all engage to support your body weight. So it is one of the best cardio exercise.
- Stand with your feet together, Bend forward at your hips, and reach your arms towards floor.
- Keep your knees straight, plant your feet and slowly walk o your hand until you reach at plank position.
- Stiffen your and do one push up.
- Go backwards as you came forward and repeat.
- Do 3 sets of 10 rep each and take a rest between the sets.
15. Crab Walk:
Crab walk is a full body exercise that improves cardiovascular fitness. It help in strengthen your arms, back and legs.
- Sit on the floor, bending your knees at a 90 degree angle.
- Place your hands below the shoulder
- Lift your hip and move forward and backward by distributing the entire body weight on your arms and legs.\
- Do it for minimum 10 minutes.