- Quality of Life & Wellness»
- Personal Development
15 Questions to Help You Discover and Liberate the Real You
Has the Real You Been Buried?
There are so many influences in the world that try to tell us who we should be. Between friends, family, and the media, you could get millions of opinions about what you should look like, think like, and even feel like.
With so many influences trying to mold you into what they think is best for you, it can be easy to question whether the real you is the best you to be.
Many people go through life always trying to please others, and in the process of trying to please others, they bury the wonderful and valuable characteristics that make them unique.
If you think this story sounds a little too familiar, it's time to fight back!
Spend some time with yourself to rediscover who you really are and remember what really makes you tick deep inside!
Check out the questions below if you need a little bit of inspiration to get you started!
- Live Empowered: Have Courage to Be Your Unique Self
For you to really make a difference in your own life and in the world in general, you've got to have the courage to be yourself. There's power in contributing in a unique way that nobody else can.
Does the real you have a tendency to get buried from time to time?
It's Time to Dig Deep and Rediscover the True You!
It can be difficult to rediscover who you really are if you have been hiding your true self for a long period of time.
After a while, the person that you have been pretending to be can feel like it is your reality, and then it is difficult to get back to your true roots.
If you feel like over time you have lost touch with who you really are, try pondering some of the questions below and allow yourself to get back in touch with the real you.
Write down the thoughts and impressions you have as you go through this activity of introspection. By documenting your ideas and feelings, you will be able to better remember any important epiphanies that could be useful down the road.
This list is just a sampling of introspective questions that you could ask yourself. Feel free to use these questions and then keep yourself open to other questions and ideas that come into your mind.
- What are you contributing to the world?
- Are you pleased with that contribution?
- Do you feel like you were mean to contribute something else?
- If you feel like you are meant to contribute in another way, describe that contribution in detail.
- Do you feel like you are filling the world with light and goodness?
- What unique characteristics do you possess that could make the world better?
- Would you believe yourself if you said you were beautiful? powerful? influential? valuable? lovable? If not, why are you hiding these truths from yourself and not acting on them?
- Are you living true to the morals you believe in? If not, what do you need to work on?
- What are you really passionate about?
- Have you been feeling really excited about life recently? If not, what do you feel is lacking?
- What activities help you to feel the most fulfilled in life (now and in the past)? Are you doing them?
- If you could do anything, what would you do? Are finding ways to do that (even if it's in very small ways)?
- Do you feel like you have a specific mission or purpose in life that you are supposed to accomplish? Are you accomplishing that mission or purpose? What do you need to do to set that mission in motion?
- What talents and gifts do you have that could make the world a better place? Are you using them?
- What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind? Are you currently in the process of creating that type of legacy?
- Achieve Your Dreams By Expanding Your Vision of What...
Is your limited vision of what's possible getting in the way of achieving your biggest dreams? It's time to expand your vision of what's possible and make your dreams come true.
Love this video! Be brave and be you!!!
Love the True You!
Now that you've had some time to reflect on the person you were meant to be, embrace that person, and love that person with all your might!
If you've unearthed a habit of hiding your true identity in your past, forgive yourself and move forward with confidence.
You are a valuable person with infinite worth. You have a light in you that could change the world if you just let it shine, so don't hold back!
Marianne Williamson said in her book, A Return to Love:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
I believe this quote is true! You are more than you think you are! Let your light shine and inspire the world!
- 10 Scriptures That Will Remind You That You Matter t...
It's easy to feel small and insignificant in this crazy world that we live in, but these scriptures will remind you that you matter to God