- Diet & Weight Loss
25 Tips To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle
In this day and age people are looking for successful ways to live a healthier life. We live in a very busy and chaotic world. Finding time to exercise, spend time with your family, have fun and relax can sometimes be close to impossible to achieve. If you are not motivated to exercise or eat a healthy diet it is still possible to incorporate almost painless ways to live healthier. Follow the tips below, you will be on your way to living healthier.
"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly" Buddha
A Happier Healthy You
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator, take your time and reflect.
- Join a fitness club. You just might find some encouragement here.
- Stretch in the morning when you get out of bed. Don't rush yourself.
- Try a turkey burger instead of a hamburger, turkey is on the leaner side.
- Exercise with a friend. Encourage each other.
- Walk in place while watching TV. You don't have to miss your favorite show.
- Drink fewer soft drinks. Water or diet soda eliminates the sugar.
- Use skim milk instead of whole milk. Less fat.
- Eat lunch outside. Take your time and enjoy the fresh air.
- Avoid fried foods. Bake or broiling is a good alternative.
- Order an omelet with vegetables. Delicious.
- Don't diet, change your eating habits. A diet doesn't last, a lifestyle change can last forever.
- Eat high fiber cereal. Limit cereal loaded with sugar.
- Try bread without butter. replace with protein such as peanut butter or jam.
- Do light stretches while you shower, warm water will help get rid of kinks.
- Take lunch to work instead of eating out. This saves the budget as well.
- Eat a bagel instead of a doughnut. Bypassing the sugar is a plus.
- Read the newspaper daily.Scour for healthy recipes.
- Avoid Soups made with cream.
- Eat an apple a day. An apple a day keeps the Dr. away!
- Keep your mind active with crossword puzzles. A healthy mind is a terrible thing to waste.
- Eating breakfast everyday boosts your metabolism, and who doesn't want a healthy boost?
- Limit caffeine intake. To much can keep you frazzled and jittery.
- Exercise 20 minutes a day-three days a week if you can.
- Drink water instead of soft drinks. Add lemon or flavoring to spice it up.
© 2010 Boo McCourt