30 Creative Ways to Announce Your Pregnancy
Congratulations! You're pregnant! It certainly is an exciting time and I bet you are filled with tons of emotions, including being anxious to tell everyone about the fabulous news. I felt the same way when I found out I was pregnant and I wanted to share the news about our future bundle of joy in a fun and creative way.
I decided to buy a small puzzle that had large pieces to it. I put the puzzle together, painted it one solid color and wrote a poem on it (you can find many poems online) that announced I was pregnant. After everything dried, I broke the puzzle apart and put the pieces in a small, plain box, placed a bow on it and secretly delivered it to family. By secretly, I mean I snuck over to my family members' homes at night and placed the puzzle on their porches. It was fun getting phone calls the next day and not only be congratulated, but hearing about how suspenseful and fun the puzzles were.
So, there is one way to announce your pregnancy, here are a few more creative ideas to get you going:
For Your Spouse or Partner
- Plan a dinner that includes all baby foods, like baby carrots, peas, corn, etc.
- Replace the socks in his sock drawer with baby socks and booties.
- Place a pair of booties or baby shoes next to your spouse's shoes in the morning.
- Save the (positive) pregnancy test and wrap it up in a box for your significant other to open.
- Go out to dinner and arrange for the hostess to bring a high chair to your table and play along. When she brings the high chair, say something like "Oh, we won't need this for another xyz months".
- If it's your husband's first child, buy a keychain that says "#1 Dad" and secretly attach it with the rest of his keys.
- If your spouse is out of town or deployed, send a care package that includes a pink or blue onesie or a baby naming book.
- Put an ad in your local newspaper.
- If it's around Christmas, hang an extra stocking for the baby or buy a "baby's first ornament" and hang it on the tree.
- While your spouse is in the shower, write on the mirror that you are expecting.
- While you are cooking dinner one day, place any type of bun in the oven and ask your spouse to check on it.
- If your spouse takes the same route home everyday from work, place pink and blue balloons randomly on the streets he takes. When he reaches home, have a banner outside that says "Congratulations!"
- If you happen to get an ultrasound before you decide to tell your spouse, see if the ultrasound technician can make a DVD and have a movie night with your spouse. If a DVD is not possible, put an ultrasound picture at the end of a photo album that you already have filled with pictures and convice your husband to look through the entire album with you. You can also create a mini-scrapbook that can highlight all the good times with your spouse, putting the ultrasound picture at the end.
- If your husband needs a drink, offer to get it for him and bring him in a baby bottle filled with milk. When he questions it, say "Oops, sorry! This is for our baby!"
- Order pizza one night and have them write out "Daddy" or "Baby" with toppings.
- Place a "Baby on Board" sign on your husband's car.
- Leave hints around the house -- a baby bottle in the cabinet where you keep your drinking glasses, baby shampoo in the shower, etc.
For Family Members and Friends
- If you get an early ultrasound, make copies of the picture and place them in "I love Grandma", "I love Grandpa", "#1 Uncle", etc. frames and send them to your relatives.
- Have family members/friends gather for a few group photos. For the first few shots, have them say "Cheese" and on the last shot, have them say "(your name) is pregnant!". Their expressions will be a great keepsake.
- Send out "Save the Dates" with your due date or call your family/friends and casually ask them to take you to the hospital on your due date.
- Take family/friends out for dinner and have the waiter put a note inside the menu that says "Today's Specials" that could include "a baby boy or baby girl".
- Plan a dinner with family/friends and hand out bibs to everyone corresponding with who they are (give "I love my Grandma" to future grandmas or "My Aunt Rocks!" to aunts, etc.)
- Make a photo calendar and hand them out as gifts. Circle your due date on the calendar and encourage the gift recipients to browse through the calender/pictures.
- If you are out to dinner with friends/family, drop hints like "Oh boy, I am so hungry. I feel like I can eat for two!"
- If you decide to announce your pregnancy around the holidays, bring personalized M&M's to any dinner or party that says your due date.
- If you say a prayer or grace before a dinner, announce how blessed or thankful you are for your newest, future addition.
- If you already have a child, have them wear a shirt that says "I'm going to be a big brother/sister!" You can make the shirts yourself or order them from online sites, such as Cafepress.com
- Order fortune cookies that have a saying inside announcing that you are expecting.
- Order personalized scratch-off tickets.
What are some creative ways that YOU announced your pregnancy?