Life's Simple Pleasures
Do You Have a List
There are very few things in life that are free. Some of the best things, though, are indeed free. Simple pleasures; things that we all too often take for granted. I have compiled a list of the simple pleasures that top my list of feel good moments.
Do you have a list? Maybe are lists are similar. Maybe they are completely different. The important part is that the things on your list bring you joy or give you peace. It really is that simple.
My Simple Pleasures
- Knowing God is in control. This is a big one, and by far the most important on my list.
- Soft sheets. I love soft sheets; enough said!
- Watching snow fall with a great cup of hot chocolate or coffee. This is made all the better if you can stay indoors in your warm lounge clothes and watch old movies.
- Chocolate. I'm a milk chocolate kind of girl. I love good chocolate. It's my go-to feel good treat. Especially when I am having a really bad day.
- Spending time with a friend so true that even silence is comfortable. I have a couple of these friendships. People who know me inside and out and still love me. It's the kind of friendship that should never be taken for granted. It doesn't happen very often.
- Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
- Slow dancing with the one you love.
- To love and to be loved unconditionally.
- Dressing up for Halloween, no matter how old you are.
- Cooking a really good meal. I love to cook; it's like therapy.
- Sleeping late.
- Waking up to go to the bathroom and discovering that you have two more hours to sleep.
- A cold Popsicle on a hot day.
- Snagging a front row parking spot at Wal-Mart.
- Reading a really good book.
- Someone scratching your back.
- A child's love.
- The first days of Autumn. The leaves changing colors, fires burning, getting to wear a fuzzy sweater; I love Autumn.
- Laughing so hard you cry.
- Spending a whole day watching black and white movies.
- Holding a sleeping baby.
- The smell of freshly laundered sheets.
- The smell of fresh cut grass.
- Relaxing while listening to some of my favorite music.
Try it for Yourself
Don't wait until the next time your having a bad day, sit down now and compile your own list of simple pleasures. Put it in your purse, post it on a mirror or put it on your refrigerator; just somewhere to remind you when needed.
Now the next time you are having a bad day or just need a little pick-me-up you will have a handy reminder of your simple pleasures.