- Oral Health
4 Natural Ways to Whiten Teeth
Most teeth whitening services are offered in head-scratching prices. Yet, a lot of people are still willing to pay for it because they want to get that confident million dollar smile. Now here’s the thing – you don’t have to pay wallet-emptying prices just to get those pearly whites. Here, take a look at the 4 natural ways to whiten teeth.
Using baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) as a natural teeth whitener is an effective way to give your teeth a whiter appearance. It functions as a mild abrasive that eradicates the stains on your teeth. Also, it’s cheap and it’s easy to find in grocery stores.
- Teaspoons of baking soda
- First, create a paste by mixing the baking soda with water
- Next, put the paste on your toothbrush
- Then, apply on your teeth and brush your teeth with it
- Finally, keep doing this for a couple of weeks and see the difference.
Another way of using baking soda for whitening teeth is mixing it with lemon instead of water. Lemon juice contains citrus, a kind of acid that works as a natural bleacher for your teeth. Also, don’t worry about the high acidity levels of lemon juice. Baking soda is alkaline so it can restore the pH balance in your mouth.
Rubbing strawberries on your teeth is a popular natural teeth-whitening method. In fact, many celebrities have found success with this. This method is so effective because strawberries contain malic acid, an enzyme that has powerful teeth-whitening abilities. And with high citric acid content, these berries can also remove the plaque that creates the yellow color on your teeth.
- 3-4 strawberries
- Small container
- Mash the strawberries
- For at least 3 minutes, rub the mixture on your teeth
- Rinse thoroughly afterwards
- Do this every night and you’ll be amazed with the result
You may also add a small amount of baking soda and salt. Just like baking soda, salt works as a gentle abrasive. It scrapes off the yellowish hue on your teeth.
This may be an old trick, but it’s still effective. Using coconut oil on your teeth can really give you those pearly whites. Here’s why.
Coconut oil contains lauric acid. This acid kills the bacteria that cause your teeth to turn yellow. Also, coconut oil can strengthen your gums because with its anti-bacterial properties.
- A spoonful of coconut oil
- Apply a few drops of coconut oil on your toothbrush
- Brush for at least 5 minutes
- Wash your mouth with water then brush your teeth afterwards
Lemon or Orange Peels
You can also bring back the natural color of your teeth by using lemon or orange peels. These citrus fruits contain a natural solvent that wipes off yellowish stains on your teeth. They can also prevent gum diseases because of their high vitamin C content.
- Lemons or oranges
- Peel your lemon or orange
- Rub the inside part of the lemon or orange peel on your teeth.
- Rinse and brush your teeth afterwards
- Keep doing this for about a week and the results will show
Now, forget the expensive over-the-counter teeth-whitening products. Try these methods instead! They’re affordable, effective and safe. Also, you can do these methods in the comfort of your home.