5 All In One Oils
( NB: About any health related questions, Google might not be the best option. Ask your doctor first!)
The basic necessary ingredient of our everyday usage.
What if I tell you that, you can use one oil in three different important tasks of your daily life! That would be wonderful, right?
One "All-in-one" oil that can be used in cooking, skin care and hair care.
Let me give you five names of such kind. You can pick the one or more as you like.
1. Olive Oil
One of the healthiest and most used oil out there.
Of course you have to use the pure version of it, actually any of oils out there to gain the best results.
- It has low smoke point and will overheat. So, it's not for deep frying.
- Extra virgin olive oil is filled with fatty acids which can protect your liver from oxidative stress.
- If you are trying to keep it healthy in your diet, olive oil is highly recommended by many nutritionists.
- It prevents skin damage.
- Great for moisturizing body.
- Great for dry skin care.
- Gives you clearer and wrinkle free skin.
- Promotes hair growth by preventing damage.
- Natural antioxidants promote scalp health.
- Thickens hair.
I've tried olive oil on my hair and skin for a long time. It's truly great. And I'm using it in my everyday cooking.
2. Coconut Oil
- People believe coconut oil is good for boosting good cholesterol.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Safe for high temperature cooking. But nutritionists do not agree that the fragrant emollient is healthy or magical.
For Skin :
- 24 hours hydration.
- Improves skin elasticity.
- Vitamin E and Vitamin A slow down aging process.
In fact, a popular and one of my favorite content creator pickuplimes.com explained beautifully how good coconut oil for Skin is. I haven't personally tried it on skin or cooking yet though.
- Nourishes the hair.
- Strengthen Hair.
- Prevents breakage.
- Great for soft, shiny hair.
I've been using coconut oil on hair since forever! It's actually the most used hair oil in my country Bangladesh. Good quality extra virgin coconut oil is all you need for your hair, trust me!
3. Avocado Oil:
For Cooking :
- By far, it is considered the safest oil for high heat cooking, for example, frying, due to it's high smoke point.
It is considered healthier choice than regular oils by many.
- Cold pressed avocado oil is one of the richest sources of beneficial monounsaturated fatty acids, like oleic acid.
- Hydrating skin.
- Treatment for acne, blackheads eczema, skin inflammation.
For Hair :
- Great for dry hair.
- Contains Vitamin E.
- Extremely rich in oleic acid and monounsaturated fats.
- Great moisturizer for hair.
- Good for scalp health.
- The fats make hair stronger.
I haven't tried avocado oil for anything yet because it is not that available in my country, Avocados don't grow here that much you know.
4. Almond Oil
For Cooking :
- Has higher smoke point.
- Filled with Vitamin A and Vitamin E.
- Sweet almond oil is filled with Vitamin E.
- Keeps skin cells healthy.
- UV ray protector of skin.
- Heals damage skin.
- The Vitamin A can reduce acne.
- Makes hair stronger.
- Reduces split ends, which promotes hair growth.
- High amount of Vitamin E is natural antioxidant.
I've tried Almond oil on hair for a few months by the recommendation of a cousin. It's good. But for my hair type (which is yet unknown to me :p), coconut oil and olive oil worked better so far.
Which is technically not an oil! But can be used in cooking, skin care and hair care.
For Cooking :
- It is clarified butter, also good for lactose intolerant people.
- Filled with Vitamin A, D, K.
- Has high smoke point.
- Hydrates all skin types.
- Contains essential fatty acids.
- One of the best natural anti aging solutions.
- Deep conditions dry hair.
- Loaded with antioxidants and fatty acids, which is easily absorbable in scalp.
So far, I've tried ghee in cooking only. Once you do, you'll fall in love with it probably.
Last but not the least:
Of course, excessive use of anything is not good for anybody. And be sure of any health issues like allergies and all before using anything.
Let me know what's your secret oil for health and wellness. Any suggestions would be warmly appreciated.
Let "Health" be our main priority and "Fitness" our goal.
Thank you for reading. ☺
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Jannat Hossain