Diabetes : Fruit To Eat
Strawberries and Diabetes
Fruits, especially strawberries contain antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals as well as fiber and carbohydrates. Frequent sharp raises in blood sugar could lead to complications for a diabetic, blood glucose levels need to be kept constant to avoid cardiovascular problems and kidney failure. Strawberries and other berries may reduce the body’s overall glucose response after a meal.
Studies also found that a flavonoid fisetin, found in strawberries might prevent type 1 and type 2 diabetes complications that can lead to kidney disease, and blindness.
Reversing Diabetes Type 2
Dr Fuhrman is a New York Times bestselling author or ‘The End of Diabetes” also of ‘Eat to Live’ and ‘Super Immunity.’ He is an expert on preventive medicine. His book offers a practical program to prevent and reverse diabetes.
- The author of this ebook believes in eradication rather than medication when it comes to treating diabetes.
- Drugs cause weight gain which could have negative results on diabetes in the long run.
- Diabetes Type 2 is not a lifelong condition.
- This is a diet and healthy eating book.
- This is a must read book for those that want to reverse their Type 2 diabetes.
Does Dr Fuhrman's Book Teach You How To Prevent and Reverse Diabetes Type 2
Treating Type 2 Diabetes With Lemons
- Lemons have a long history as a folk remedy for type 2 diabetes.
- Vitamin C, in lemons interact with the cell membrane and make it less insulin resistant.
- Vitamin C also increases the production of collagen which strengthens blood vessels which is important as diabetes may have problems with circulation.
- Although lemons contain a weak acid, when they are metabolized by the body they have an alkalizing effect.
- Your blood sugar will go down and assist your body to repair cell membranes.
- You can squeeze a fresh lemon over your food.
Health Benefits of Lemon Water
How Lemon and Lemon Water can protect against and reverse diabetes2.
- A glass of lemon water is the perfect way to start the day.
- Lemon water is good for diabetics as a means of controlling blood sugar levels.
- Lemons lower the glycemic index, a measure of how food affect your blood sugar levels.
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C a powerful antioxidant that helps to strengthen the immune system.
- It also contains thiamine, calcium and phosphorous. Lemon juice stimulates digestion.
- Peaches are packed with nutrients and fiber that regulate blood glucose.
- Fiber in sugary fruits slows down the process of sugar absorption and reduces the rate at which glucose passes to the blood stream, thus preventing a rise in blood glucose level.
- Peaches contain vitamin A,B C, calcium, iron, phosphorus and potassium.
- Fruit should be eaten whole as it curbs cravings and overeating.
Ref: American Diabetes Association. (ADA)
Apples Help To Reduce Risk of Diabetes Type 2
- Apples contain a fiber called pectin – as well as minerals such as calcium, potassium and phosphorous.
- Apples contain vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant capable of blocking the damage caused by free radicals, thereby helping to reduce the risk of diabetes2 and strokes.
- The fiber in apple has anti-inflammatory affects that can help diabetes recover faster from infections.
- The natural chemicals in the apple work with each other to slow down the absorption of sugar.
- They also help in lowering cholesterol.
Eat Yogurt With Bananas
A banana that is a bit green is lower on the glycemic index than a ripe banana. Don’t eat overripe bananas. Do not eat more than one small banana at a time.
Benefits of Bananas
- Bananas are low in calories but high in fiber, Vitamin B6, vitamin C and potassium.
- Vitamin B6 is a mood enhancer and good for your brain.
- This fruit also contains vitamin A and Vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that boosts your immune system and potassium which regulates your blood pressure.
- Bananas also contain beta-carotene. A banana that is a bit green is lower on the glycemic index than a ripe banana.
- Eating yogurt with bananas can prevent a rise in blood glucose levels.
- Diabetes Type 2 is preventable with proper diet and exercise.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Increased thirst
- Weight lose
- Frequent urination
- Blurry vision
- Wounds that take long to heal
- Yeast infections in women
- Erectile dysfunction in men
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2016 Anita Hasch