5 Healing Addictions Keys
Shock, confusion, frustration, and hopelessness. You can feel very isolated and alone when you are in this terrible state. You may get worse, not better, however, left to your own devices.
So here are five keys to healing any addiction, whether you're spending, drinking, cheating, lying, playing, eating or whatever else you've overtaken.
- Understand what a slippery addiction to slopes is: It is much easier to get into debt than to get out of it. This is because it does not require a plan to enter into debt; in fact, it often requires unconscious not to plan. The same applies to food addiction or any other addiction. It's much easier to gain weight than to lose it, because it's just unconscious.
- Recognize the benefits of unconsciousness: There are two short-term benefits of unconsciousness through addictive behaviour: first, we receive temporary relief from the pressure of responsibility. Secondly, we get a temporary elevation from our dependence. The relief and the elevation are intertwined because the elevation offers a greater sense of relief.
- Reach out now: You obviously can not permanently maintain an addictive. When you come down at last, it's a crash landing. You tend to feel worse and fall further every time you experience the cycle of your addiction, right? The consequences are becoming increasingly severe, including misery, suicidal thoughts/depression, complete loss of self-esteem, poor health or death. If you try to go alone, you're probably going to let your shame go. Shame isn't a good incentive. It's compassion. Find a group or competent trainer or therapist with whom to work.
- Stop lying to yourself: Stop telling yourself that you wouldn't be in financial trouble if you had more money. Or you'd be thin if you had better metabolism. You wouldn't be cheating if you had a nicer buddy. These excuses are not true. If you continue to believe your excuses, you will lose more dignity and your precious life and energy will be wasted. If you're in deeper and deeper debt, you're dependent. That wouldn't change if the lottery were won. After all, more than 70 percent of those who win the lottery end up with as little or as little as they had before. If you drink more and more, it's not a cure to change from hard things to wine. Things like smoking cure a food addiction. Trading addictions are not addictions for healing. It's a game that your addictive mind tries to play, but you can not win.
- Tap into healing: You abuse money or food or sex or alcohol or drugs or television to get something numb. What is your addiction to memories, feelings or situations? Once you stop avoiding the fundamental reason for your addictive behaviour and start to be comfortable with feelings that you once feared, you will feel less compulsion to be addictive. There are so many valid ways to cure addictions, including basic steps programs, therapy and coaching, acupuncture and other holistic approaches, including prayer for many people. You can also use EFT, the Emotional Freedom Techniques. EFT is a fast, efficient and yet powerful method of taping to release anxiety and pain that triggers addiction. WATCH Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Demonstration below
The bottom line is that you will not suffer from your addiction tomorrow just because you suffer today. You are a dignified person who deserves to thrive and live your wonderful life.
© 2019 Oluwafemi Okeowo