- Alternative & Natural Medicine
5 Natural and Safe Home Remedies for Allergies
Effective home remedies for allergies
I wanted to share with you, some natural allergy remedies which worked for me and my family. Remedies listed below worked for airborne allergies. But, as many of us already know, being allergic to airborne allergens, usually means that you probably have food allergies or sensitivities also. First step, in relieving allergies, is to get tested by your doctor to see what it is that you are allergic to, so you can reduce exposure to those substances as much as possible.
During allergies, try to avoid all animal products, eat light, vegetarian diet, with many fresh vegetables and fruits.
1. Freeze-dried Stinging Nettles: This one is my favorite, works every time, helps to relieve seasonal, as well as all year around allergies, indoor and outdoor, even asthma. Freeze-dried nettles work as an anti-histamine. During allergy season, take 2 tablets, 3 times a day.
2. Vitamin C with bioflavonoids: 1 to 2 grams per day
3. Quercetin with Bromelain: Follow recommended dosage on the bottle. Doses might vary depending on the manufacturer.
4. Butterbur extract: Make sure you purchase Pyrrolizidine Alkaloids free extract. This particular herb should not be used by children, and pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
5. Water: Make sure that you stay hydrated, drink 8-10 glasses of filtered water a day, especially during allergy season. Dehydration triggers a release of histamine. Endocrinology journal published a study demonstrating these findings.