7 Benefits of Giloy
Giloy (also called Guduchi) is a wonder drug that has many healing properties. Ayurveda describes it as nectar. The main property of guduchi is its power to boost immune system. Here are health benefits of giloy:
1. Balances three Dosha (causes of illness): The cause of any illness is the imbalance of dosha. There are three dosha in Ayurveda. Vāyu, Pitta and Kapha. Vāyu causes pain in the body (arthritis, back ache, sciatica, etc.) and Pitta causes burning sensation (Hyper acidity is nothing but excess of Pitta) and Kapha causes itching (Aggravated kapha causes skin disease). Until these dosha are in balance the person remains healthy, but when there emerges any imbalance in these dosha illness starts to appear.
Giloy balances all these three dosha (Reduces excess and increases deficient) in the body and helps to recover from the illness. Due to this property, it is called nectar.
2. Supports Digestion: This is another important property of giloy. Weak digestion causes constipation, which is the cause of many complex diseases. Weak digestion also causes cough related diseases.
3. Blood purifier: Guduchi purifies blood and cures skin disease. It removes toxin from the blood and body and improves skin tone.
4. Aphrodisiac: Aphrodisiac herb is that which boosts libido. It does not only boost libido but also strengthens body.
5. Cure for fever: Goloy is the best remedy for fever. There is also available Giloy Satva (extract of Giloy) which is very effective remedy for fever. Do consult a physician in the condition of high fever. Especially Giloy is used for long lasting fever.
6. Rejuvenation: Is the most important principle of Ayurveda. Ayurveda teaches the formula of maintenance of health instead of curing the disease. There is also an English proverb ‘Prevention is better than cure’. Ayurveda teaches the same principle of maintaining health.
Rejuvenating medicine is that, which delays old age and prevents disease. It also increases seven dhatus (tissues) of the body. Giloy is one of the rejuvenating herbs.
7. Traditional preparations made from Giloy: It is the part of many traditional preparations. Here are some preparations:
Rasayan Churn: Is made of Giloy, Gokshura and Amla all in equal proportion. Rasayan churn is rejuvenating medicine which delays old age, blackens white hair and improves skin tone. It is aphrodisiac, blood purifier and tonic.
Doses: One teaspoonful of Rasayan Churn two times a day. There is no side effect of it. Even a healthy person can take it for maintaining good health.
Sanshamani vati: It is useful in chronic fever.