Seven Keys To Success
Have you ever wondered what makes a successful person a success? Do you feel like you are a success? When you accomplish something you’ve always wanted to do, do you feel like a winner?
True success comes from within yourself. You are the only one who can make or break your personal success. Here are seven important keys to success:
7 Keys to Success
1) Know what you want. You can never reach any pinnacle of success unless and until you know exactly what you want. If you don’t have a clue, you’ll keep spinning in circles, reaching for lots of different things but never settling on any one.
2) Learn what you don’t know. Just as you need to know what you want, you also need to be willing to learn what you don’t know. Knowledge is power. If you are willing to be taught and to learn, you’ll always be a success.
3) Give back to your community. If you look at successful people in the world today, or read biographies of successful people, you’ll find a common thread runs through their life stories. They all give back to their community in some form or fashion. You must never forget where you came from, and always be willing to return something of value to your community.
4) Give back to yourself. Giving back to yourself is as equally important as (if not more than) giving back to your community. Everybody needs some down time. Everybody needs to rest and relax. You have to be able to pay attention to your body and recognize when you need to take a step back and do something just because you want to.
5) Become a mentor. Once you find success for yourself, what will you do with it? Take someone under your wing. Remember, you were once in the same position as they are now: broke, clueless, and in need of a friend. Lend a helping hand and help set someone else on the right path.
6) Strive to grow continuously. As you realize your success, you can never stop there. Success isn’t about coming to a stop, but in learning how to roll once you get to where you’re going. To continue to be a success, you need to always strive to learn and grow from each of your experiences.
7) Practice positive thinking. Those who are a success didn’t get to where they are by have a pessimistic thought process. On the contrary, they are big on positive thinking. They practice saying positive affirmations to themselves daily. They motivate themselves with uplifting scripture and motivational quotes.
Anyone can become a success. As the Rev. Allen Oggs says, “You gotta have the want to.”
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2008 Hope Wilbanks