- Men's Health & Wellness
8 Ways To Relax While Reducing Stress
Looking at beautiful scenery can be very relaxing
- The Doctor Effect
Going to the doctor is scary no matter what your age. First you sit and wait way past your appointment time to get your blood pressure up. Then they finally call you back to get weighed and your blood...
Learning to relax is something everyone should know. If you can't ever get relaxed, then stress levels build up, you become more at risk for high blood pressure, and lead to other health problems. If your job keeps you stressed out all the time, maybe you should think about switching careers or jobs. After all, it is affecting your health and mentality. Having money and having a stroke will do no one any good. If you can not find a way to bring happiness into your job, at least learn to relax and leave the stress behind.
Colors, people you are around, smoke, and a lot of other things can keep your stress level up. Try to recognize specific things that are triggering stress and try to either avoid it or look at it with a different attitude to eliminate some of the stress in your life. Here are 8 ideas to try that might help you learn to relax.
1. Deep breathing exercises. When you are at work and something causes your stress level to rise, deep breathing and relaxing all your muscles, especially your neck muscles, is something that can be dome immediately with good results.
2. Listening to music at work and home is great for helping you relax. Even better, learn to play a guitar or piano, or any other instrument. These will bring hours of enjoyment for you and hopefully others also.
3. Television can also be a great stress reliever after a long day at work. There have been a lot negativism towards television lately, but remember, you are in control of what you watch. Also stay in control over what your children watch.
4.Going for a walk is a good way to relax, especially if you have a walking buddy to talk to. And while you are out there walking around, you might even shed a few pounds.
5. Reading a good book is a great way to relax and relieve stress. Of course you might even learn something while reading and we could all stand to know a little bit more.
6. Surfing the net is also a good way to relieve your stress. There is so much there, music, videos, chat rooms, social sites, and so much information that you could never read it all. There is also shopping and selling going on too. If you have a lot of items that you no longer use, list them for sale and bring in some extra bucks.
7. Meditating is something that will relax, calm, and soothe your body and mind. There are many books available on this subject to show you the proper way of meditating.
8. Yoga will relax you and even make you more limber.You can learn yoga from a Master or get a few different books on the subject. With all these tips, you should be so relaxed that you can barely move.
Bonus Tip. If you are really stressed, talk to someone about what made you feel this way. Telling someone else about what happened takes a lot of the stress away.
- 12 Tips for Drivers
Whether you are just learning to drive or have been driving for years, we can all benefit from tips of others. One of the biggest problems of driving that has surfaced over the last 20 to 30 years...