Lung Tonic Tea: Breathe Better With This Simple Tea That Helps Improve Lung Function and Immunity.
Rate This Tea
- Parsley (Petroselinum crispum)
- Plantain (Plantago major) - note: it is not the banana looking plantain
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita)
- Rosemary (Rosamarinus officinalis)
- Marshmallow (Althea officinalis), Root
- Mix ingredients together in equal parts and place in glass container with tight fitting lid.
- Measure out 1 tsp of herb mixture and place in 1 cup of hot water.
- Steep 10 minutes. Strain and enjoy.
Where To Find Ingredients.
Most of the ingredient are east to find at any health food store, or any store for that matter. Plantain and marshmallow may need to be ordered online though. These are three companies online that I generally get my herbs from:
They are all reputable companies & give the Latin binomial of the herb so you know you are getting the correct one. None of them require large orders either.
A Note On Herbs:
When using herbs, especially therapeutically, it is important to do some research on them. This is the reason I always have the Latin binomial of the herbs I talk about included. Some herbs may have the same common name or it may have several subspecies that have different therapeutic properties, lavender is one such herb. The plantain in this recipe is not the banana looking plantain, it is a small broadleaf plant that is often considered a weed.
Caution: Not recommended for use during pregnancy.
Disclaimer: This information is not approved by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any illness or disease.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2012 Jody Cope