Five Advantages of Interval Training
What is interval training...
Definition; Interval training is a type of physical training that involves bursts of high intensity work interspersed with low intensity work.
In general terms it is exercising in such a way that you add bursts of high energy moves that take a short time but uses up the maximum exertion possible for the individual.
So you have low intensity moves for longer periods of time and then short bursts of high intensity moves for short periods of time. For instance lets say you walked for five minutes, you would then run as fast as you can for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or even jog for 2 minutes, that is up to the individual.
Interval training has several advantages and coupled with good nutrition would lead anyone to a quicker way to build muscle, lose weight and get their heart in better condition.
Interval training can be composed of any type of basic exercises, like walking / fast walking, jogging / running or cycling / bursts of sprints or speed, swimming - breast stroke / free style. Any exercise where you can combine high intensity exercises with low intensity exercises can be labeled as Interval training.
There are even some trainers that are flipping the Interval training philosophy, so that individuals are encouraged to do the high intensity work longer and the low intensity work for shorter periods of time. So they have flipped the concept for quicker results in a shorter period of time.
Coaches use interval training to build up their athletes stamina, endurance and cardio/aerobic ability for longer periods of time.
- Cardiovascular buildup
- Induces fat loss
- Metabolism boosting
- Aerobic endurance
- Muscle confusion and conditioning
Ever wondered, "How can I tell if my metabolism is working?" Hunger. Whenever you feel the need to eat that is a good indication that your metabolism is at work, but you must remember to feed yourself foods that are good for your health.
The body needs fuel to function. That fuel is food. But it is not a bad idea to drink water first when you feel hungry, sometimes the body is just dehydrated.
It is also recommended that high protein meals are a great choice for when someone is exercising or getting into shape. Cutting out wasted carb foods - white foods is always a great answer to the equation before you even start any high energy exercise program.
Although there are recommendations from other fronts that say you can have the wasted carbs in small amounts paired with good carbs and protein and still lose unwanted pounds without feeling deprived. But everything in moderation.
Using your own body to build muscle and condition your muscles & heart is always a good thing because it is always handy and you don't have to look for exercise equipment.
- Standard, 3 to 5 minute Warm up, 1 minute high intensity and 1 minute low intensity repeated 6 to 8 times, then a 3 to 5 minute Cool down
- Pyramid, 3 to 5 minute Warm up, 30 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity, then 45 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity, then 60 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity, then 90 seconds high intensity, 1 minute low intensity - Repeat going down in high intensity seconds finishing at 30 seconds, then 3 to 5 minutes Cool down.
- Sports conditioning, 3 to 5 minutes Warm up, then 2 minutes moderate / high intensity followed by 2 minutes low intensity ( repeat once), then 30 seconds high intensity followed by 30 seconds low intensity ( repeat 4 times), then 60 yard sprints followed by 90 second rest ( repeat 6 to 10 times), 3 to 5 minutes Cool down.
The best thing about Interval training is the fact that the person doing the exercises can gain all of these advantages quickly. The more intense your interval training the better results you see in a shorter space of time.
What is great about interval training is that it causes muscle confusion and conditioning this helps with muscle gain and definition. It helps because it is also a great way for strength training to push the muscle to exhaustion, because the breakdown and repairing of muscle as it grows leads to toning.
- Natural / Organic Nutrition
- Drinking only water
- Exercising more than once daily
- Cutting off evening eating
- Cutting out unhealthy - white processed foods
- Increasing protein
Interval Training Bonus:
- Quickest fat loss through burning
- Works for up to 48 hours while you are resting
I am no expert but who is, really? The advancement that is taking place on how we are to treat our bodies and what is good for the body continues to evolve or de evolve depending on how you look at it, but some things remain the same, like sticking to the foods that come directly from the earth are best.
No matter what though we all have to find what works for us and make it a lifestyle! Like most things in this life like how you take care of your health through diet and exercise is a personal choice.
No one has yet to corner the market on what works for everyone except this what you eat and moving make all the difference when it comes to living the best life possible.
Mentally and physically!!!
- Interval Training Burns More Fat, Increases Fitness, Study Finds
Fitness buffs and athletes have long used interval training -- short bursts of intensive effort interspersed with more moderate stretches -- to improve performance. This new study shows that the practice also improves cardiovascular fitness and helps
- High Intensity Interval Training
If you want to take your fitness and fat loss to the next level—without spending more time in the gym—then high intensity interval training (also known as HIIT) could be exactly what you're looking for.