Amazing cures with raw garlic
Amazing health benefits of raw garlic
Many of us eat cooked or roasted garlic in our daily diet but the raw garlic is more beneficial than the cooked one. Garlic act as a natural antibiotic. Garlic is helpful for lung diseases, gas and tummy bugs. Skin diseases and wound on the skin can be cured by garlic as it has antiseptic properties. It also cures the fungal infections. Garlic can kill the worms in intestine and it helps in digestion. Some people prefer to eat garlic capsules.
With regular use of garlic it can cure pimples, anaemia and allergy. Garlic can be used to treat brain cancer, common cold, muscle cramps, flu, fever, headache, white discharge, tummy ache, tooth ache and many more. Properties in garlic can slow down tumour enzymes and cancer forming cells
Every day one should eat 1-2 clove of garlic with water. With regular use of garlic it controls the cholesterol. Garlic is good for heart and immune system.
Allicin is the active component found in garlic which is produced when garlic is crushed. Allicin acts as a natural antibiotic and prevent the growth of germs or bacteria in our body. That’s the reason why garlic is more beneficial when eaten raw.
Some health cures with raw garlic
- Ringworm: Garlic has antifungal properties which can be used to treat ringworms. Crush 2-3 garlic cloves, extract the juice and apply it on the ring worm twice a day for at least two weeks cures the ring worm.
- Tummy bug/ stomach flu: About 20 drops of garlic juice mixed in a glass of water, taking once in a day can cure tummy bugs and aches and can cure tummy infection. It also gives relief in gas.
- Typhoid: Garlic can kill the typhoid germs. It is effective against typhoid germs. Taking one teaspoon garlic juice with water on empty stomach can relief the typhoid fever. It boosts the immune system.
- Cough and cold: Garlic act as a decongestant. Garlic juice is very powerful remedy for cough and cold. You can suck the garlic clove with little munching for about 10 minutes. It is also helpful for sore throat. As soon as you realise that you got a cold and flu sensation start sucking garlic clove and you would not need any medication. Believe me it’s a tried and tested method.
- Tooth ache: Take one garlic clove, crush it and keep it on the affected or painting tooth.
- Earache or ear infection: Garlic is very useful for treating ear infection and ear pain. In olden days garlic used to be crushed in a warm mustard oil and that oil used for ear pain. However putting oil in ear is not advisable. The alternative and best remedy is crushing the garlic clove and wraps it in a tissue paper and put it inside the paining ear not very deeply use it as an ear plug. And leave it in the ear for whole night. Garlic will definitely kill the ear infection without any antibiotics.
- Heart Attack: Eating two to three garlic a day can reduce heart attack. Garlic reduces cholesterol and reduces blood pressure.
- Dog bite: Garlic is used to treat dog bite as it is a natural antibiotic and has healing power. Daily take 2-3 cloves of garlic three times a day until the wound is healed. Garlic clove can be rubbed on the wound as well but it’s very painful so I advise to take it orally, apart from the injection from hospital for security reasons and quick recovery.
Things to keep in mind with Garlic
- Eating raw garlic gives strong breath but you can eat any mouth freshener after eating garlic.
- If garlic cloves are soaked in warm water for some time, it’s easier to peel.
- Oil your hands before peeling garlic cloves will prevent your hands from pungent smell.
- It is recommended that adults should not eat more than 2-3 garlic cloves in a day and children not more than half garlic clove in a day.
Have you ever get any health benefit from garlic?
Garlic Pickle Recipe
Garlic Pickle Recipe
Want to eat garlic daily in spicy form then garlic pickle is the best option. Garlic pickle is very easy to prepare and tastes wonderful. Garlic pickle can be stored for 3 months. You can eat it with naan, bread or rice.
Garlic Pickle Recipe
- 1 cup Garlic Clove, peeled
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Fenugreek Powder (Methi dana)
- 1 tsp. Split mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp. asafoetida (hing) powder
- Wash the garlic with water to remove any dirt.
- Blanch the garlic to peel them easily.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add hing (asafoetida powder), turmeric powder, chilli powder, fenugreek powder (methi dana), mustard seeds and garlic cloves.
- Add salt and mix nicely on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and add lemon juice.
- Allow the pickle to cool and store it in a sterilised jar.
Do not take garlic
- If you have stomach ulcer
- However consult your Dr If you have any risk factors or had any surgery.
Disclaimer: Information on this Hub is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for any medical care or advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your doctor.