Are You Facing Sudden Thinning of Hair Recently?
Every time you comb your hair, do you notice falling of hair, especially serious when shampooing your hair, and you even notice strands of hairs on the floor?
Hair will definitely affect your first impression to others. Dandruff and greasy hair can be embarrassing. If hair loss persists, hair will become thinner, with hairline moving up further, this will reveal your age…
I believe it is everyone’s dream to have beautiful thick hair. Let us now discuss the main causes of hair loss and its solutions!
Causes of Hair Loss
Baldness refers to no or thinning of head hairs, also known as alopecia. It can be caused by malnutrition (iron deficiency), genetic background, psychological stress, mood swing, hormone disorders, or receiving cancer treatment.
Overall, not all hair loss is caused by illness. Hair loss is a common problem in men. It can be said that this is the secondary sexual characteristics of men, as men are more prone to androgenic hair loss, mainly due to an androgen called Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Daily production of DHT in women is much more lower than men, for this reason, hair loss in women is less common.
What is Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)?
All of us have Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) on our body, which is a substance composing of water, cholesterol, testosterone and enzyme. DHT is the male hormone which has the adverse effect on the growth of hair follicles. It causes tiny blood vessels in the papilla to shrink, restricting provision of adequate nutrition and oxygen to the matrix that produces hair protein, and eventually leading to hair loss.
DHT also blocks certain receptors in the sebaceous glands, producing thick and heavy sebum which later hardens in the follicle to form plug, leading to follicular atrophy and hair loss.
How to Reduce Hair Loss?
- Pay great attention to daily nutrient intake.
- Eat plenty of foods that contain iron, calcium, zinc, vitamins A, B, C, and protein.
- Examples of foods that rich in protein are: fish, soy, eggs and lean meat, poultry.
- Seaweed, shellfish are great resources of micronutrients.
- Spinach, asparagus, bananas, liver are rich in vitamin B2, B6 which protect the hair, and delay the aging process of hair.
- Multi-vitamin is a great alternative for people who have busy and hectic lifestyle. Multi-vitamin basically provides all the nutrients needed for your body and easy to carry.
- Mental stress a major reason for hair loss. Mental depression, instability, anxiety can cause can fasten the hair loss process.
- By performing regular deep breathing, having evening walk or dog walk, doing relaxation exercises, spend more time on your hobby etc. may help to eliminate mental fatigue.
- Ensure adequate sleep every day.
- A hot foot bath before bed may improve blood circulation and give you a soundly sleep.
Keep your scalp clean
- Clean your hair and scalp without using irritating or abrasive shampoo.
- It is best to avoid shampoos that contain harmful ingredients, such as Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Ether Sulfate, and Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate (SLES).
- While shampooing, add a few drops of vinegar or a little bit salt in the water. It helps to reduce oily scalp. The temperature of the water should not be too hot or too cold.
Massage your scalp daily and regularly!
- Every night before going to bed and after wake up
- Put your fingers into the hair; massage the scalp from the forehead to the back of the head by rubbing the scalp 2-4 minutes.
- Regular massage on the scalp can improve nutrition absorption, regulate sebum production and stimulate blood circulation.
- Comb your hair with bristle brush to remove dandruff and restore shiny hair.
Take good care of your hair and scalp today! Never wait until your hair start thinning. Prevention is always better than cure.
- A Sacred Plant for Beauty and Health
Take advantage of all the benefits of Aloe Vera!
- Unlocking the Youth Code
To look young is everyone's dream. Here are the simple tips to help you look young. Unlock it!
- Do You Know What Women Are Most Afraid Of?
Do you know how hormones affects your youth and beauty?
- Happy Office, Healthy You
If you are a working person, and if you are wondering why your health seems to be deteriorating, then it’s time to for you to view this page!