The pumping heart is in need of this wholesome friendly diet.
Whether young or old it is important to adapt to a diet that is healthy to the heart. The heart is the most vital organ in the body of any life being. Taking care of it is essential so as to avoid heart disorders such as arteriosclerosis, cardiac failures and the obstruction of the coronary artery.
It is important and of health benefits for an individual to stick to a healthy routine that will ensure that his heart is maintained in good shape, thus ensuring his life span is not affected. This healthy and nutritious daily schedule includes:
1. Fruits everyday. One should consume at least four to five portions of fresh fruits everyday. The fruits should be fresh and should always be thoroughly cleaned before eating. Though all fruits are essential, the most ideal fruit to take for the heart is the Cherimoya.
2. Salads. An individual should ensure that he take one vegetable salad on a daily basis. The salad may be dressed with olive oil or any other seed oil that is inclined to one’s preferences. The salad should be fresh. To avoid contamination or staleness, once prepared the salad should be dressed and consumed.
3. Whole grain pasta. Substitute the white bread and refined pasta in your diet with whole-grain bread and pasta.
4. Legumes. Legumes include peas, variety of beans e.t.c. one should make sure that each week he has taken a minimum of three portions of legumes. These legumes possess great nutritional value and should never be underestimated.
5. Salt and sugar. Intake of salt and sugar in substantial large quantity has never been of any benefit. Hence it is important to make sure that the consumption of salt and sugar is reduced if one wants to guard his heart and body as a whole.
6. Physical exercise. An individual should perform exercise for at least one hour three to four times each week.
7. Coffee. Stimulants such as coffee and tobacco should be avoided.
8. Water intake. Make it a habit to drink at the minimum eight glasses of water in a period of one day.
9. Substance and alcohol abuse. For the well being and health of one’s body, an individual will be better off avoiding alcohol and other drug related abuse that could be detrimental to his health.
It is important to know that a diet that consists of fruits, oil bearing nuts, vegetables and whole grain products gives the best results in protecting the heart and preventing heart attacks. Fruits and vegetables should be the fundamental base in a diet for a healthy and strong heart.