Bacteria and Germs, The Good, Bad and the Ugly
When we are born and start to develop, we put everything in our mouth to taste, feel and sense. This is being found that it’s very good for you, to prevent later diseases and health problems.
It helps prevent diseases like asthma, allergies and eczema and can help prevent common colds, flu and other communicable diseases.
It has always been known that the more children you have, the better off you are to prevent diseases. You become a healthier person because your body has developed more defenses against harmful germs and bacteria due to your other siblings.
Raised on a Farm
It’s better to be raised on a farm where you are exposed to different animals and less sanitary conditions. This helps keep you healthy, because your body develops antibiotics, which protect you when more serious diseases come along.
Sanitizing Your House
If you wipe every area of your house for germs, then go to the grocery market and continue to wipe down everything against all these ‘bad’ germs, you are only letting yourself in for a lot more trouble when the flu and cold does come around. It’s far better to expose yourself to the everyday germs so your body can build up immunities rather than try to keep all the germs away from you.
When you get the preventative shot. They give you a small dose of bad germs so your body can build up it’s own immunity, so when you do get that disease it won’t be as bad. In most cases it can prevent that disease altogether.
- Why not arm yourself with your own body antibiotics? Do this by exposing yourself to germs and bacteria already in our world.
- Lets keep the 100 trillion good bacteria working healthy and multiplying themselves.
Play with the Dog
When you have kids, let those babies crawl on the floor and let them play with the dog.
This is extremely important in the first three months.Don’t isolate them from other kids, let them put that dirty soother that fell on the floor in their mouth. Let them crawl and lick the floor, the dog or the dirty toy. All this helps them to develop their immune system.
- If they don’t develop this in the first three months, you are setting them up for such diseases as asthma, allergies and eczema and other dangerous germs and diseases.
- If you try to insolate your child from everything, you aren’t doing them any favors. You are hurting their defense and immune system to fight simple diseases on their own.
There are good bacteria and bad bacteria.
I’m not suggesting to go out there and wallow in the sewer.
I am saying that in today’s society, everyone is thinking that ‘every’ germ and bacteria is to be destroyed with all the ‘anti-bacterial’ products. Destroying all the bacteria is not a good thing, without the good bacteria we would die!
Anti-bacterial Wipes and Soaps
Anti-bacterial wipes and soaps are good to use in a doctor’s office or hospital settings.
But, the overuse of these anti-bacterial wipes and soaps are not only destroying the bad bacteria and germs, they are also destroying the ‘good’ and leaving yourself open to more serious ‘bad’ things.
Bacteria – What is it?
What is bacteria? Bacteria are single-celled living things that have their own biologic classification called prokaryotes. They have an outer cell wall and plasma membrane surrounding their one cell. They have no internal organelles.
MOST bacteria are harmless to humans and are beneficial.
Thousands of bacteria are in the soil, water, dust particles and in the air.
We have 100 trillion good bacteria in our bodies.
- There are a lot more good bacteria than bad.
- Good bacteria are what keeps us alive and performs useful functions throughout our entire body!
- Good bacteria are found in food, water, and enhance our immune system and function.
- Good bacteria protects us from the bad bacteria by altering the pH or acidity level in our body or by releasing toxins that harm the bad bacteria.
- Bad bacteria gets into our system through our digestive system, open wounds, through our skin, in our mouth and environment.
- Bad bacteria can damage tissues, or release toxins that enter the blood stream and disrupt physiological functions.
- Can cause food poisoning, even toothaches and death.
- It is also known that in poor countries with limited hygiene or clean water and no sewage treatment leads to deaths from bad bacterial infections like dysentery.
Lots of ‘good’ bacteria have been used to create food products:
- Cheese, yogurt, pickles, soy sauce, vinegar and we use bacteria to break down our sewage, decomposes plants and dead animals and to clean up oil spills.
- It produces oxygen, controls plant pests, produces essential nutrients for humans.
- All the good bacteria help sustain life for humans – so don’t destroy the ‘good’.
- Creates oxygen for us to breathe.
In North America we go to our doctor much to often to ‘get’ a shot of penicillin to ward off suspected disease. We find that we have ‘over’ used this important anti-biotic. Now we have antibiotic-resistant bacteria – the ‘super bugs’.
These very serious ‘super bugs’ are anti-resistance to almost everything we now have on the market to -destroy them. If you don’t expose yourself and your child to good and bad bacteria so that you can ‘educate’ your immune system you can run into a whole lot of serious medical problems.
The business of creating the anti-bacterial soaps and wipes to rid ourselves of ‘bad germs and bacteria’ cropped up because of the pneumonia, streptococcus, food poisoning and salmonella, which all are very bad germs and bad bacteria.
It’s wise to be prepared and to prevent these bad germs, but overkill – is not good, and overkill is what is happening.
When we overkill all the good bacteria with all the anti-bacteria soaps and wipes, you are also totally destroying the 100 trillion good bacteria.
When you kill the good bacteria you kill your chances of survival.
The 100 trillion good bacteria and germs protect us against all their dangerous relatives by crowding out the bad ones in our systems and they also help protect the bad bacteria and germs growth “BY stimulating the immune system to fight them off.
- When the good bacteria and germs multiply in our bodies they are acting as our protectors.
- When you get a antibiotic shot, this shot is also killing all the good bacteria. Your body has to start over to win the battle. Sometimes this shot can cause damage to your body than- if you waited for your bacteria and germs to go to battle for you.
Why? Sometimes this shot will cause a distress or imbalance of good bacteria in your body that can lead to diarrhea and other gastrointestinal problems.
That's why your doctor always warns you of possible problems when you get shots and pills.
Because of all the ‘clean’ anti-bacterial wipes and soaps and shots. A new business started up - that is in the business of health products called ‘probiotics and health’. These products contain good bacteria that you can take in pill form!
They advertise that they will help prevent and treat health conditions like:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Ulcerative colitis and crohn’s disease
- Tooth decay, gingivitis, and periodontitis
Remember the US Food and Drug Administration has not approved these products. So they are not regulated.
What types of probiotics are there?
- Lactobacillus – digestive, urinary and genital systems
- Bifidobacteria – gastrointestinal
- Streptococcus thermophilus – produce enzyme lactase, lactose intolerance
Saccharomyces boulardii – diarrhea, acne and treatment for H. pylori ulcers
I make no claim that these work, I am reporting that they are available.
Always Tell Your Doctor
“Always” tell you doctor you are taking supplements and who ordered them or if you supplement yourself. Tell the brand name, amount and how often.
What's The Solution?
Is there a solution to all this anti-bacteria cleanliness?
I’m not sure. But, I do think that these anti-bacterial wipes and cleansers are overused and not good for us.
I believe 'natural' ways to combat this complicated world of ‘bad’ bacteria and germs would be much better than the anti-bacterial soaps and wipes.
- Let their be a little dirt. Let the child play with the dog and taste what he puts in their mouth,and all their toys.
- Stop wiping everything with anti-bacterial wipes and soap. A little dirt, germs and soil is good for us.
- Start using natural preventatives like chicken soup, jello, vinegar, soda, fish oil, natural herbs and other natural remedys.
Yes, anti-biotics are needed, yes supplements are useful, but take them carefully and do exactly what your doctor says to do.
Our bodies are miracles and work wonders, just as God intended. Nothing man has invented has taken it's place.
Don't try to replace our immune system, instead enhance it.