- Diet & Weight Loss»
- Healthy Diets
Benefits of Clarified Butter (Ghee)
Ghee (Clarified butter) word comes from Hindi word Ghrita. The dairy products are being used by all since we depend on the cattle. As the butter can not be stored for a long period without the refrigerator. The clarified butter (ghee) can be stored for a long period without refrigerator.
Benefits of clarified butter (ghee)
1. It is rich in vitamins A, E & K. The vitamin K keeps our bones healthy and vitamin E keeps the skin healthy. Vitamin A keeps the cells a long life and increases the eye-sight.
2. It also helps to reduce inflammation and keep the digestive system healthy.
3. It contains healthy fatty acids and helps to control fat and lowes blood pressure.
4. The color of cow ghee is yellow contains fewer calories and healthier than the white ghee of buffalo.
5. Moderate amounts of consumption help to kill harmful tumors.
Clarified butter (ghee) history
In India, ghee is used for centuries of years. Outside the Indian subcontinent; Egyptians using ghee by the name samna Baladi (countryside ghee). It is also used by peoples of Africa, NE Brazil.
Method of preparation of ghee (clarified butter)
There are many ways to prepare ghee.
1. Take fresh cream of cow or buffalo milk and heat a long time then convert into ghee and it gives a caramelized flavor.
2. Use the cream separated from the Milk then convert the cream into butter using a mixer and convert the butter using heat clarification.
3. Milk convert into curd then churned into butter the butter is boiled in an open pan to evaporate the water to make pure ghee.