- Exercise & Fitness»
- Weight Training
What Is The Best Way To Build Big Arms
How To Build Big Biceps
The best way to build big arms is to go back to the basics. Building big thick biceps is not hard.
If you want to find out what the best and easiest way is to growing big arm muscles then stop complicating and over thinking the process. Biceps are a small two headed muscle that can be trained with moderate weight to make them grow.
That is right you don’t have to heave massive amounts of weight to make these muscles grow. Your work outs and exercises you use for biceps should be basic movements and not a lot of them.
I say not a lot of them because more time than not I see people over training them week after week and their biceps never grow.
How would you like to train your arms intelligently so that you are not over training them and so that they actually start to get big and thick?
What Came First the Back or the Biceps?
When trying to make a smaller muscle grow you must concern yourself with two things. Not over training and doing the correct exercises. First let’s talk about over training.
- If you train your back on a different day than your biceps then it is now time to tack your bicep work out on to your back training day.
- This way your biceps will not get over trained because they will have enough time to heal before your next back or bicep workout and you can easily keep track of how many sets and reps are working for you.
- When training your back make sure to train as hard as you can. Do not worry about your biceps because your biceps are getting worked while training back.
- By working these muscles in the same workout you actually won’t have to do as much work on biceps to see growth because of all the hard and heavy back work.
How to Perform a Barbell Curl
Barbell Curl For Massive Muscles
After your back workout you can jump right into a set of moderately heavy barbell curls. Your biceps should be warmed up after you’re back routine and ready to lift some weight.
- The barbell curl is a basic old school exercise that has been around forever and is still the best exercise for biceps. Keep your repetition range between 8 and 12 for these sets.
- If you can do more than 12 reps then increase the weight.
- Do a total of 3 sets. Don’t do any more. If you are not feeling anything in your biceps then you are not working them hard enough. Use proper form and every 6 weeks change your hand placement on the bar slightly.
- By doing this every 6 weeks you will have success with this exercise for years. Your biceps will grow doing just 3 sets if you are training your back hard enough. Make sure to train your back and biceps every 4 or 5 days.
- Don’t let any more time than that pass before your next workout. If you feel like your biceps got worked hard enough in your back workout then you might want to just do a few lighter sets of hammer curls.
There is a link below on how to train using hammer dumbbell curls. If you are trying to gain muscle make sure to get enough calories every day and lots of good quality protein.
Whey protein isolate immediately after your workout mixed with Gatorade will help you tremendously.
© 2011 Grant Handford