Bring It: P90X Day 67
P90X is an extreme workout created by Tony Horton. Behind the entire 12 DVD program is the concept of muscle confusion, which helps those trying to change their health avoid plateaus. The series is tough and definately not something everyone will make it through, but if you are persitant and go in with a "Bring It" attitude, you will notice your body transforming throughout the 90 days.
Feel free to leave you comments below. Together we can stay motivated and become healthier in the process.
Today's workout is YogaX. I love doing yoga. It brings me such peace of mind. However today, I have a lot to get done and with an hour and a half workout looming on my head, all it did was create more stress. I call this a yoga fail. I am sure with the holidays being around the corner and the longer my To Do list gets, the more stressful these time-consuming workouts will end up being.
Yet, I know that I have to push play and I am determined not to miss one day, regardless of the other things I have going on in my life. So excuse the disaster around here. I just haven't had the time to get to it. I have been putting my health first.
It is necessary to put your health first, expecially when you always say yes to others. Life is busy and it adds to stress. There are so many benefits to doing yoga it is essential not to miss this workout. Not only will you increase your flexibility by practicing regularly, but it will also help with strength, breathing, and cardiovascular health. With all those benefits, why would you skip because of a time crunch. Not to mention, it is helpful in relaxing your body and relieving stress.
So while the holidays might cause additional stress in your life, don't pass up your yoga session. It will help!
Get your Yoga here
How about you
Do you practice yoga?
Fun Yoga Facts
Yoga is a big part of many people's lives. Yet, even though many may practice, how many actually know much about it. So, for those that are interested, here are a few little pieces to give you a yoga background.
- In the West, yoga is used as a physical practice. However, in the East, it is more of a spiritual practice. This is probably where the confusion stems from yoga being associated with religious aspects. While it may help some with spiritual enlightenment, it doesn't have to be viewed from a religious standpoint.
- Yoga is a practice to balance the yin and yang. When practicing Hatha Yoga... "ha" represents the sun while "tha" represents the moon. It is about bringing opposites together.
- A man who practices yoga is called a yogi or yogin and a woman who practices yoga is called a yogini.
- Om, a word frequently used in mantras is a vibration of the world around us.
- Yoga may have originated from India, but today more people in California practice yoga than all of India.
- Yoga is beneficial to your health. It has helped alleviate chronic pain and prevent osteoporosis. It has also been used to control Asthma by practicing breathe control.
- While there are many different ways to pracitice yoga, when people refer to it, they are generally talking about Hatha Yoga, which is the most popular form to practice.
- Yoga may not only improve sex, but can also help prevent and may even treat sex problems. It can also improve orgasms since regular practice strengthens the pelvic muscles.
References: Interesting Facts About Yoga - Instah.com; Interesting Facts About Hatha Yoga - EHow Health; Interesting Facts About Hatha Yoga - Livestrong.com; Want Better Sex? Do Yoga - Psychology Today
Do you know where you are going in life? Click here to read about Day 68.