Bring It: P90X Day 73
Tony Horton is the mastermind behind P90X. It was created so people everywhere can change their lives and change their body. While you are expected to do your part to Bring It, Tony Horton does his part by giving you 12 DVDs to give you enough variety to see changes.
This is my own personal journey on the P90X workout program. Not only has my body been changing, but mentally I am much stronger than when I started this program. If you would like to start from the beginning of this series, please click here. If you want to read about my previous day with P90X, click here.
Feel free to leave your comments below. I hope to inspire and motivate others during this journey of mine. Right now we are in the final stretch of P90X. It is all downhill from here. Thanks for hanging with me throughout this journey!
A flower for you!
It was a busy morning... but as I just thought that... I realized that it is a busy morning every morning. So, this busy morning was no excuse to not get my workout down. However, I might have had to rearrange my schedule a little bit to do it.
My daughter had her craft bazaar going on at school. We have been working on her products to sell for the better part of the last week. Finally it was over. All I needed to do was give the kids a ride to school and help carry in a table for her to use. As soon as I was done with that, I headed over to my friend's house to walk her dogs. (A favor I have been doing for the last few months on days she won't be home in time to walk them before dark.) My father-in-law was stopping by for a haircut at 11 and I wanted to get all this stuff done, squeeze in my workout and a shower before then. That meant time was cramped and I had to get moving.
By the time my father-in-law left with his fresh haircut, I realized that everything I had to do was already done. Because I had obsessively cleaned the house the other day when my computer was down with a virus... and amazingly it had stayed that way for the most part... I really had nothing going on today.
Wow... my shoulders feel 10 pounds lighter. I went from having no time to having time to spare. I guess that means it is time to catch up on all my hubpages reading that I have been slacking on.
My workout today went great. Today's agenda was Shoulders and Arms. Sadly, since this is the final stretch of P90X, I once again say goodbye to this workout until I start over again. This one is full of bicep curls and lots of tricep work. My arms currently feel like jello, but I don't mind. That means I got a good workout in!
Make your Holiday Workout Happen
We all know that Christmas is right around the corner. This also means that while there are a lucky few who have finished their Christmas shopping, there are others... like me... who will naturally procastinate until the very last minute.
While stressing over holiday shopping and trying to avoid that unwanted holiday gain, I have deviced a plan that will allow you to get your holiday workouts in... and you don't even need to be home to do it. While these may not be extreme like P90X, they will give you a bit of extra movement to consider it part of your daily workout.
The tree is decorated...
Cash or Card?
11 Ways to keep moving during the holiday madness
- At some point during your holiday shopping (unless you do it purely online) you will need to enter a store. Now, while we all hate the madness during the season, there is one thing that will benefit you. There is a slim chance you might actually find a close parking spot. However, to get you moving during the holidays, I want you to park as far away as you can. If you do this during all your shopping trips, imagine how many extra steps you are walking each day!
- Do Squat Shopping. Basically, most of the stuff stores want you to buy is right at eye level. This is a marketing strategy. So, squat down and look at some of the lower shelves. Not only might you find a great gift and a good deal, but you will also get your leg workout in as well.
- Find a good sale... go ahead and jump for joy. Jump several times to really get your heart rate up and you can say you did some plyometrics.
- Trying to get to that sale price you saw in the flyer... better hurry up before it is gone. Therefore, you need to be running up and down the aisles. Sure, people may look at you like you have gone crazy... but remember, it is all for the benefit of fitness holiday shopping.
- Want to get your weight lifting in. Fill your cart with the heaviest stuff that you can find and push the cart around the entire store while searching for that last gift on your list.
- In addition to that, after you have completely filled the cart and realized you don't want any of the stuff because you did it in the name of exercise, walk all around the store putting the items back on the shelf.
- Incorporate Yoga into your holiday shopping. Yoga is all about stretching so go ahead and get in the triangle pose and reach... reach... reach for that item.
- For holiday shopping, don't load your wallet full of cash. It is preferable that you use your debit card so you don't lose weight in your wallet as you pull it out for each transaction. Don't want you to think you are getting stronger when you really are only emptying the wallet. Now, with each transaction, do wallet lifts. Sick of doing wallet lifts, don't do so many transactions.
- Need the hot toy for someone on your Christmas list. Well, when you see some stranger walking around the store with the last one in their hands, follow them until they decide to put it down. If they get to the cash register and have yet to put it down, plead your case to them on why you need it more. This could be in the form of lunges.
- If you have a mall, you could always go and walk the entire day. With all the people packed inside, you can even pretend it is an obstacle course. Be warned... the island shops in the middle will frown if you start climbing over their shop. And mall security might chase you down if you start hopping over their fancy mall plants and decorations.
- Finally, if you want to get your holiday fitness shopping done, make sure to buy that someone special a really large gift, carry it out to the car only to realize that it no longer fits. Being too stubborn to return the item since you finally found the perfect gift, leave your car in the parking lot and walk the very large item home. Remember, you are going to have to walk back to your car.
So... now that you know the ways to get your holiday fitness shopping in... wouldn't it be easier and a lot more sane to just push play! It's the holidays - don't skip that workout if you want to maintain your weight with all the wonderful goodies and treats tempting you.
Don't miss out on Day 74 by clicking here.