Bring It: P90X Day45
P90X is an extreme workout, but it is going to change you. Not only will you start seeing the changes physically, but mentally you are goign to start becomeing stronger as well. P90X was created by Tony Horton. In each video he teaches you the exercises and pushes you to really feel that burn. I have been on this journey for 45 days now and each day he motivates me just a little further, whether it is pulling out one extra rep or going down just a little further into the squat.
Feel free to leave you comments below. I love hearing not only your stories, but your tips as well. Together we can motivate and become completely transformed. Are you ready to Bring It?
Today was the Back and Biceps workout. This is slowly becoming one of my favorite workouts. I am not sure really why. Maybe it is because it is all glamour... well, once you wipe away the sweat dripping off of you.
This is a great workout and it focuses on all those glamour muscles. This is what is going to make you look good in tank tops or strapless dresses. For the guys, this is what is going to give them the chiseled look so when they take their shirt off at the beach, they will be turning heads.
This workout is just as hardcore as all the other workouts, but it is mainly weight lifting. Today I increased my weights a little for majority of the exercises and boy can I tell the difference. I struggled to get those last 3 reps in. But, like I said before, that is the gold. That is what is going to make the change. So, if you want to transform you need to struggle at the end. This will make you stronger.
So I guess that just shows - the more you struggle, the stronger you will get!
This is also a great day because it marks another milestone for me. The P90X program is broken down into 3 different phases. These phases will take you through a 90 day transformation. Today - I am halfway there. That is right - it is all downhill from here.
Ok, so maybe that isn't really the truth. The workouts are tough and I need to push even harder to make the changes necessary to make this program a true success. But timewise, the days are almost over until I get to see the final transformation!
Let's go for a ride...
The Halfway Point
There are so many times in life where we judge what we have done by the Halfway Point. So, here is a few just for fun.
- Road trips - While the destination really is what we strive for, nothing feels better than when you can look at the map and say we are finally halfway there. This also works for coming home because it feels so good to be back afterwards.
- Homework - I remember when I was in school I used to look at the pile of work needing to be done and just sigh. But, when you know you are halfway done, whether it was that report you were dreading or the math problems you tediously have to solve, it feels good to be halfway through them.
- Work - Luckily for me, I am a stay at home mom. Unfortunately though, that means there is no halfway point. However, when I did work outside the house, I remember going in for my 12 hour shifts. When I hit the 6 hour mark, I sighed a breath of relief. I was almost done for the day!
- Football - So this is a good thing when you are watching a stressful game. If your team is losing, you know you are halfway there and still have a chance to catch up. But, if you team is winning, you know they only have to keep it up for the final half of the game. Luckily for me, I haven't really had to worry much about this because my team has been on a winning streak. Go Pack Go!
- Workouts - When you are feeling a little unmotivated, there is nothing harder than just pushing play. But when you do, you will be able to reap the rewards afterwards. However, if you motivation doesn't pick up, you know you are searching for the end. When you get to the halfway point, you know you are almost there.
- Christmas Shopping - For many, Christmas Shopping is a hassle. It drains the pocketbook and it is difficult to come up with unique gifts for everybody on your list. I love giving presents and finding the perfect gift, but it can be stressful. When I finally get halfway through my list, a big sigh of relief is sure to follow!
So, how many times have you felt the weight lift off your shoulders because you have finally hit the Halfway Point?
To read about Day 46, click here. This day will not only tell you about how my workout is going, but also give you some background on Yoga and how some people believe it conflicts with religion.