Home Remedies Vinegar - House Hold Cleaning, Health and Tasty Tips
Concerning your question about "whether regular vinegar can be used for home remedies that recommend cider vinegar" generally the answer is yes but you will get more out of organic cider vinegars which have been aged in wooden barrels and develop beneficial bacteria and lots of good vitamins.
So it really depends what the remedy is for things like cleaning bacteria off objects or skin regular vinegar would be fine but for something like dandruff remedy the beneficial bacteria and vitamins of a cider vinegar will be much more effective.
I will go through some of the home remedies and uses of the different types of vinegars out there to help you choose.
The most common type of vinegar found around the home usually is white vinegar and it made from oxidized distilled alcohol. The most common uses include cleaning and cooking applications.
Some of the Uses of White Vinegar are
- Removing Rust from Metals
- Cleaning your hair/scalp after a shampoo will give your hair a nice glow and shine.
- Vinegar is used to kill weeds and bacteria growing on most surfaces (e.g cleaning your orthodontic plate, or mouth guard )
- Gives a great shine to your metal kitchen utensils.
The main uses of white vinegar are cooking and cleaning.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Now for my favourite of all the vinegars its apple cider vinegar and has many different uses in home remedy applications because of the beneficial bacteria (called the mother) and rich vitamin content of the aged organic apple cider vinegar.
The most common home remedies and uses for apple cider vinegar include
- Dandruff remedy cleans scalp and restores natural PH levels and removes any fungus causing bacteria, use it after shampooing as a rinse.
- A great cold remedy takes a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with juice to give your body the beneficial bacteria and vitamins it needs to recover from a cold quicker.
- Very common remedy used on warts of any kind, simply apply apple cider vinegar with a cotton bud or soak a cotton bud and tape onto effected area. Try to avoid contact with non effected areas of the skin.
- Using one or two cups of apple cider vinegar in a bath can relax aching muscles.
- Adding 2 - 5 ml of apple cider vinegar to your pets drinking water will improve there health and shine of there coat.
- Can be used on aging spots to reduce there appearance and is also great on skin to remove any dirt and unwanted oils and remove dead skin.
Other types of Vinegar
There are many more types of vinegar but they are mostly used for cooking purposes but this does not mean that the general acidity of vinegar wont benefit simple things like cleaning and killing bacteria if that’s all you have in the house.
The other types of vinegar are
- Wine Vinegar - great with desserts especially fruit desserts
- Rice Vinegar - very popular in Japanese cooking and will be found in many recipes
- Fruit Vinegar - great addition to fruit salads
- Malt Vinegar - very common vinegar found in the home great with your fish and chips
- Balsamic Vinegar - Classic salad dressing just mix some balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Or use as a dip for a nice crusty bread (very Italian :) )