Cellulite is the lumpy, chunky tissue commonly seen in women of all ages and sizes. Cellulite tends to appear where there is naturally more fat on women: around the bottom, tummy, hips and thighs. It is commonly known as Cottage cheese skin and Orange peel skin because it gives the skin the appearance of fleshy orange peel.
How do women get cellulite?
Cellulite appears gradually as a result of water retention, an unbalanced diet, lack of exercise and bad circulation. Cellulite is not necessarily connected to being overweight. A woman can have as little as 14% body fat and still have cellulite. You may have to squeeze the skin in order to see it but it is still there.
Hormonal factors also are a main cause for onset of cellulite. Cellulite often appears in women during periods of hormonal change such as puberty, pregnancy, menopause, premenstrual syndrome and during the initial months on birth control pills.
Why does it look so bad?
Although cellulite originates beneath the skin, its unattractive appearance is very noticeable on the surface. The dimpled appearance is due to the way in which fat is stored in the body’s fat cell compartments surrounded by thick dividers of connective tissue. Cellulite is more visible in women because female fat cells are tall and pointed, therefore more likely to be seen.
Fat distribution in Women
Dr. Murad helps to debunk the idea that you get cellulite because you are overweight and shows how cells become damaged through water loss, offering internal and external modifications, as well as diet tips to control and correct cellulite.
Helps your body produce collagen, essential in holding connective tissues together.
Anti-cellulite Massage Oils
Cellulite reduction treatments
Cellulite can be very resistant to any form of treatment. The best way to beat cellulite is to prevent it.
Some cellulite reduction treatments are:
- Cellulite solutions at home. A healthy diet and regular exercise are the main ways to beat cellulite. Other home treatments that help the prevention of cellulite and also help cellulite reduction are skin brushing, exfoliation –like for example a weekly body scrub- and massage.
- Vitamins to beat cellulite. Since vitamin C and vitamin E are both important in the modelling of collagen, they are believed to help eliminate cellulite by inhibiting the thickening of the connective tissues that package the fat cells in the cellulite. Less thickening means less cellulite.
- Salon treatments. Some of the most common beauty salon treatments for cellulite are seaweed wraps and all over mud packs.
- Massage for cellulite. Another common cellulite reduction treatment is to massage cellulite once or twice a day to improve circulation and lymph flow which minimizes the appearance of the hard fatty lumps. You can either have a professional massage or you can massage yourself at home.
Revitol cellulite cream.
Why Revitol Works?
Revitol is formulated to reduce the appearance of cellulite on your legs, stomach and arms with all-natural ingredients easily absorbed by your skin. One of the most important ingredients contained in the Revitol Cellulite cream is caffeine. Studies show that increased blood flow resulting from caffeine consumption helps reduce the appearance of cellulite. However, drinking more coffee or diet soda will not give you the same results as Revitol because the caffeine will never reach those cells that cause cellulite with anywhere near the impact of the Revitol Topical Cellulite Rub being applied directly to your problem areas.
Best Exercises to Remove Cellulite
6 easy ways to help eliminate cellulite
- Improve your circulation with massages, skin brushing, exercise and exfoliation.
- Drink plenty of water to help fight water retention and help your body eliminate toxins.
- Reduce your salt intake.
- Reduce the consumption of processed foods.
- Take natural dietary supplements to help improve circulation and detoxify your system.
- Cut out toxins like alcohol and tobacco, which can dehydrate you and rob your skin of its elasticity