Do You Have the Determination to Succeed?
What is determination?
Determination is that drive that fuels your motivation and keep you moving forward.
It is that stubbornness that makes it impossible to quit without reaching your goal.
It is the quality that helps you realize your dreams.
Determination involves hard work, tunnel vision, sleepless nights (many times), and the drive and stubbornness to keep going when others say you need to quit.
Do you have determination?
- The question isn't who is going to let me, it's who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand
- Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. ~ Gail Devers
- Determination and perseverance move the world; thinking that others will do it for you is a sure way to fail. ~ Marva Collins
- Arise, awake, and stop not until the goal is reached. ~ Swami Vivekananda
Success and Determination Quotes by Famous People
- Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- Never, never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill
A dream doesn't happen through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work. ~ Colin Powell
- The difference between possible and impossible lies in a man's determinations. ~ Tommy Lasorda
- A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history. - Mahatma Gandhi
- Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. - Og
When I thought I couldn’t go on, I forced myself to keep going. My success is based on persistence, not luck. - Estee Lauder
Authors of the quotes above
For those who are unfamiliar with the authors of the quotes above, I thought I would tell you a little about them.
Swami Vivekananda (1863-1902) was an influential spiritual leader of Vedanta and Yoga. 1863-1902. He spent his life teaching India two different types of knowledge: secular knowledge to improve their economic condition, and spiritual knowledge to infuse in them faith in themselves and strengthen their moral sense.
Ayn Rand was a Russian writer born in St Petersburg, Russia in 1905. She left Russia for America in 1925, sold her first screenplay, Red Pawn in 1932. During her lifetime she wrote 12 books, everyone of them are still being sold. She died March 6, 1982.
Gail Devers was an athlete who was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 1990. After diagnosis she was still determined to compete in the Olympics. She won gold medals in the 1992 and 1996 Olympics in Track.
Marva Collins is one of the most influential teachers and education activists of the 20th century.
Determination and Success Quotes by Writers
- A determined person will do more with a pen and paper, than a lazy person will accomplish with a personal computer. Catherine Pulsifer
- Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." Anthony Robbins
- There is no private life which has not been determined by a wider public life. - George Eliot
- You cannot escape the results of your thoughts. Whatever your present environment may be, you will fall, remain or rise with your thoughts, your vision, your ideal. You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration. - James Allen
Life Quotes by Anonymous Authors
- Don't tell, me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
- I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
- When you absolutely believe in yourself and your ability to succeed, nothing will stop you.
- Where there's a will, there's a way. - English Proverb
- Some people dream of success...while others wake up and work hard at it.
Qualities of a Person Who is Determined to Succeed
You know you want to succeed but do you know what qualities you need? Yes, there are certain things you need to focus on to succeed. What are they, can you guess?
- A person who is determined to succeed focuses on what they do have rather than on what they don't have.
- They feel and show that they feel gratitude for what they have.
- They are optimistic, but mix realistic expectations with their optimism.
- They accept their circumstances at the moment and make the best of these circumstances.
- They focus on the best way to go forward
- They set goals and work on them.
- They accept the responsibility of their actions.
- They don't blame others for their difficulties.
There are many qualities that are included in the determination to succeed. Above all, stubbornness and belief in yourself.
- The Desperate Road to Success; How to Succeed No Mat...
I happened upon this success quote and instantly knew I could write a lot about this subject. While I think Jim Carrey (famous actor, or should I say over-actor) is a little nuts, he is undoubtedly the best at nuts. He has reached success within his.
- How To Be Successful
What leads to success? You need to want it, know it can happen, work for it. Success is different things to different people. You need to decide what success means to you.
- Determination Quotes
Determination can make miracles happen! Here are a few great determination quotes.
- D'S, desire; discipline; dedication and determinatio...
It's not 3 D's but 4 D's, desire; discipline; dedication and determination, are required for an achievement. To achieve goal if 4 D's are followed by the aspirants then success is inevitable.
- Perseverance and Goals - You Can't Have One Without ...
How to help set yourself up to persevere. The first step would be to set some goals. Start with the small day by day goals. You need to set goals that you can obtain, that are realistic. If you are writing, you can't set a goal to support yourself...
© 2013 Susan Hazelton