Dieting Guide - Best Diet Teas
Finding Your Best Diet Tea?
There are many varieties of tea. Some have medicinal properties, many have powerful anti-oxidants and some just taste great. There are teas can enhance concentration, help you relax, aid digestion, and even stabilize blood sugar levels. Here are the best diet teas for diet control and weight loss and some advice on selecting the best one for you:
- Cinnamon: Making and drinking cinnamon diet tea is your best choice if you are diabetic. It can help with high levels of bad cholesterol. You can use two teaspoons of cinnamon to make some cinnamon diet tea, but a couple of sticks will result in better flavor. Cinnamon diet tea will cause a thermogenic response in that it speeds up your metabolism. This helps to control blood sugar and also makes it a good tea for cold climates. If you are trying to lose weight with cinnamon diet tea, then make sure you buy the Ceylon cinnamon (comes from Sri Lanka), also known as "true cinnamon." There is another variety of cinnamon that comes from Cassia and contains coumarin which can be harmful in large amounts (over half a teaspoon per day). Cassia cinnamon tea can be harmful to unborn children, so avoid it if you are pregnant.
- Oolong: Also known as Wulong (Wulong diet tea). The name is Chinese for "Black Dragon Tea." There are many types of Oolong diet tea, but they are all derived from the Camellia sinensis plant. Once the leaves are harvested, they are allowed to wither and darken under the sun. Different varieties of tea are created by where the tea is grown, slight differences in the plant and the amount of drying under the sun. The Wuyi variety is grown in Fuji and has a strong pungent flavor. If you are looking for a more delicate flavor, then try the Phoenix variety of Oolong diet tea. This tea tastes best when prepared with water that is fairly hot, yet below boiling. Oolong diet tea is best for weight control and a slow steady weight loss when dieting.
- Hoodia Gordonii: If you want to lose weight fast, then hoodia diet tea is the ultimate weight loss tea. Hoodia comes from a succulent plant (not a cactus plant) that grows in Africa. Hoodia can be used to make hoodia diet tea. The hoodia plant is in short supply due to its powerful hunger suppression properties. This has resulted in high prices and a lot of fake hoodia in the marketplace. So make sure you buy your hoodia from a reputable source (like Amazon). Because hoodia also suppresses the thirst center of the brain, ingesting it as hoodia diet tea helps to ensure you get enough fluids. Using Hoodia and hoodia diet tea is my favorite method for losing weight rapidly. I combine a daily tablet with some hoodia diet tea. When using hoodia, I actually have to remember to eat, since I feel absolutely no hunger pangs. With hoodia, unless you suffer from compulsive overeating, you are guaranteed to lose weight rapidly. If you decide to buy some hoodia, then I strongly suggest you buy Desert Burn hoodia from the Amazon link at the top of this page. Desert burn has been in business since 2004 and Amazon provides a safe way to order it.
- Acai Tea: This tea is derived from the Acai berry. It's weight loss properties are highly questionable, but you might want to give it a try. The Acai berry itself is fairly nutritious.
- Green Tea - Black Tea: Green tea diet tea and black tea diet tea are made from the same plant (Camellia sinensis)as Oolong diet tea. Green tea has a much lighter taste and shorter shelf life though and black tea is heavily baked and has a fairly long shelf life. Scientific research shows that green tea increases metabolism and oxidizes fat without raising the heart rate. Green tea has also been shown to reduce the incidence of Alzheimer's disease. Green tea also contains substances (catechins and L-theanine) that help protect the body from viruses. Green tea and black tea is readily available and fairly inexpensive. I find green tea diet tea to be the most enjoyable of the teas to drink on a regular basis.
- Cranberry Tea: This tea is high in vitamin C and other essential vitamins and minerals. It also has properties that neutralize bacteria and help flush toxins out of the kidneys. It has slight fat burning properties. Cranberry diet tea is not the best tea for losing weight, but it is a good choice if you are in poor health.
Diet teas have an additional benefit for losing weight in that you can drink them slowly over time. This helps to maintain a level blood sugar. By maintaining a stable blood sugar level, you will find it easier to stick to a diet. You will also avoid instances of overeating because you overdid your diet.
I personally tend to use a black tea in the morning for the extra caffeine. Later in the day, I use a light green tea that is lower in caffeine and higher in anti-oxidants. The main idea is to find what works for yourself, so be sure to try a variety of teas before you settle on one.