How to Achieve your Desires and Goals
Achieving your Desires
Is there a dream, goal or desire deep inside of your heart? Is there something that you have been hoping for or wishing for or aiming for that you have put in the back of your mind? You need to put that goal, dream or desire to the front of your mind and start working on it now!
It does not matter who we are. We all have obstacles and challenges in our every day lives. Its what we do with those challenges that either allow us to succeed or fail. We should all aim to achieve our desires because it will bring us happiness and fulfillment.
Are Dreams and Desires Impossible to Achieve?
Your life is yours and its what you make of it. Only you can determine the outcome. While everyone will not become millionaires or become celebrities, having great success in life does not necessarily mean you must be rich in monetary terms. Being happy with your life and always striving for the best, trying your hardest to full fill your dreams is what makes your life rich.
A lot of times we feel as if what we truly desire or want is impossible to achieve. We start something but either we decide to just throw the idea away or we find something else that is easier and will keep us content for the time being. Why? Why give up on your dream. Nothing is going to come easy. You are always going to have to work for what you want. If you give up on something, you’re giving up on yourself. You’re giving up on your true happiness.
Keep on Trying
Think of it like this. When you were a child and you were learning how to ride a bike. You probably fell off a dozen times before you were actually able to make it down the street without mom holding on to the back. Yes you might have felt disappointed the first hundred times you tried and failed. You might have even given up for a little while. But more than likely at some point in time you got back on that bike. You tried again and you achieved your goal. What happened after you achieved the goal? It only got better. Eventually you were able to ride with one hand, then no hands. You kept on trying. It just took a little will power and a little work on your part to make it happen.
Well the same applies in major dreams, goals and desires in our lives. If you really want something in your life and you feel it is not working right or you feel it is unattainable, fix it or start your plan over and try it again. Rearrange your thoughts. Try a different method. Maybe it did not work the first time, the second time, or maybe it didn’t even work the third time. Maybe it just wasn’t the right time for your dream to occur. It does not mean your dream is foolish or garbage or unattainable. It does not mean that you were unrealistic in your thinking. It means that you might just have to think of a new way to accomplish that goal. Why live with just being content? Do you think Thomas Edison just sat down one day and a light bulb appeared in his hand? I highly doubt it. It took work. It took time and will power. If he would have given up, who knows if we would be able to have that lamp sitting on our desk right now. You never know what you can accomplish in life unless you try it.
Desire and Goals
Do you think you can achieve your desires and goals?
Rethink Your Plans
Remember when I said that you might have put that bike back in the garage for a little while? That’s okay. Sometimes we need some time to rethink our plans. We need time to determine the best way to make it work. Do not let your negative thoughts rule over what’s in your heart. Nothing is impossible. Do not be lazy. Bring that dream back to the front of your mind and start thinking about it everyday. The more you think about it, the more you want it. The more you want it, the more you will work for it. The more you work for it the more likely it will happen. You only have this one life to live here on earth. Why not make it the best it can be?
Ways to Achieve your Dreams and Goals
Here are some ways to start achieving your goals.
- Stop the negative thinking. Replace all the I cant’s, it won’t, and I wont’s with I can, it will and I will. The way we think determines so much of our accomplishments and actually determines every part of our day.
- Dismiss fear. Do not let fear get in your way. Do not worry about failing. Sometimes we need failure in order to know how to do something correctly. We all need to learn and failing is part of learning. Remember practice does make perfect.
- Don't let age stop you. It is never too late to achieve your dreams. I hear stories of people in their 80's graduating college to fulfill their dreams. Even if at this point it is a variation of your original dream, if it makes you happy, that is what is important.
- Get support. Let your friends and family in on your dreams and goals. Allow them to bring support into your life. Knowing that others are there for you will help you with your motivation. You can also ask your friends and family for help and advice.
- Do not be lazy. Achieving dreams and goals requires work and dedication. Put in the effort and it will pay off for you.
- Have faith. A little faith can go a long way. Be your own biggest advocate and supporter.
Do Not Throw Your Dream Away
Many people just give up and throw their dreams away. If you really desire something, and you really want something then you are going to have to work for it. So stop being lazy. Change your way of thinking and make those dreams, desires and goals come true. I know you can do it! And you will see all the hard work will be worth with.