Egg Recall 2010
The nationwide recall involves eggs packaged from May 16 through Aug. 13. Eggs affected by this recall was distributed to food wholesalers, distribution centers and foodservice companies in California, Illinois, Missouri, Colorado, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. The eggs are affected by a bacteria known as Salmonella Entereditis. Below you will find egg recall brand names and packaging information.
Eggs under the August (13, 18) 2010 recall are packaged under the following brand names:
1. Albertson: Albertson large 18 egg size carton and dozen eggs. Alberton store brand packaged and recalled by wright county egg (Galt, IA).
2. Bayview: Bayview large 5 dozen eggs. It is distributed to food wholesalers and retailers in California and Nevada.
3. Boomsma and Dutch farms: Boomsma large dozen egg cartons. It is distributed to walgreens stores in Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, south Dakota and Arkansas.
4. Farm fresh: Farm fresh in dozen and 18 egg carton size from medium to jumbo eggs. It is packaged and recalled by Wright county egg.
5. Hillandale: Hillandale in 18 egg carton size XL eggs. It is packaged and recalled by wright county egg.
6. Kemps: Kemps in dozen egg cartons and recalled by wright county egg.
7. Lucerine: Lucerine in dozen and 18 egg cartons. It is sold at safeway food store in Northern California and Northern Nevada.
8. Lund: Lund in 6 egg, dozen and 18 egg cartons from medium to jumbo eggs.
9. Mountain dairy: Mountain dairy in 5 dozen egg carton size, plus dozen and 18 egg carton size large eggs. It is sold at sold in Food4Less, Foodsco, and Ralphs stores ( member of the kroger family of stores).
10.Nulaid: Nulaid in 5 dozen egg carton size medium eggs
11.Ralph's: Ralph's in dozen and 18 egg carton size large eggs.
12. Shoreland: Shoreland in dozen egg carton size XL and jumbo eggs.
13. Sunshine: Sunshine in dozen egg cartons size XL eggs. It is sold at trader joe's in California and Las vegas (NV).
14. Sunvalley: Sunvalley 5 dozen egg carton size medium eggs. It is distributed to wholesalers and retailers in California and Nevada.
15. Trafficanda: Trafficanda in dozen egg cartons size M to Jumbo eggs. It is recalled by wright county egg.
You can look for one of these plant numbers: P-1026, P-1413, AND P-1946 for the egg recall.
If they are between 136 to 225, take the eggs back to the store.
Dates and codes can be found stamped on the end of the egg carton or printed on the case label. However, not all affected brands will be printed in the same order. In most cases the Julian date follows the plant number, for example: P-1720 223. If your carton has a combination of numbers that matches the affected plant number and Julian date, your eggs are affected in the recall. It is important to note that both the plant number and Julian date must match. If the Julian date does not match the affected plant number than your eggs are not involved in the recall.
For more information, you can go online at www.eggsafety.org or call Wright County’s toll-free information line: 866-272-5582, which contains a message with recall instructions for consumers.