- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
The Road To Empowerment
What is Empowerment?
Empowerment Begins With Self-Esteem
Years ago when I was growing up, when the term "self-esteem" was new to me, I never thought there would come a day when I would fully realize what it meant or where it came from. Today, I can say I understand. Self-esteem is an internal feeling of worthiness. Self-esteem is confidence. Self-esteem is knowing you are capable of accepting yourself and loving yourself for who you are. You can't look to your parents, siblings, spouse or friends for your self-esteem. They can't give it to you. It comes from inside you. This means we all have self-esteem, but in varying degrees.
Since self-esteem exists inside you that means you already have it and you are responsible for its upkeep or maintenance. It isn't as difficult as it sounds. If you have low self-esteem you most likely do a very good job of maintaining the low level you are accustomed to. But what if you want to improve your self-esteem? How do you do it? Here are my suggestions:
Uplifting and Empowering Music
Choose to be Empowered
Any type of exercise will do
10 Ways You Can Improve Your Self-Esteem
- Get up every morning and smile first thing.
- Look in the mirror every day and tell yourself, "I love you."
- Take care of yourself regularly. (shower/bath, brush hair/teeth, shave - just to name a few)
- Use cologne, perfume, or other pleasing scents around the house. (if you don't have to deal with allergies)
- Exercise (whatever suits you best!)
- Keep a healthy diet.
- Laugh, sometimes for no reason at all.
- Repeat affirmations (examples below)
- Write in a journal or a diary about your feelings.
- Listen to uplifting music.
Treat Yourself To Empowerment
Self-Control Equals Self-Empowerment
As you increase your self-esteem you will begin to notice you have more self-control over how you look at the world. You will notice you are suddenly smiling more. You will see a different reaction from the clerk at the gas station when you go to pay for your morning coffee. You will feel as if sunshine is capable of emanating from your body. You will have gained confidence, a little bit at a time each day. This confidence, which resulted from self-control, is a direct response to your improved self-esteem. As these internal factions assume their rightful place, you will begin to consider other options regarding yourself, your wants and needs, your skills, your life.
When considerations of a different lifestyle fly through your thoughts, you will be tempted to return to your previous thought patterns. You will begin to lose confidence in your new self. You will wonder why you ever thought you could create a new life for yourself. This is the time to stop and think! Think about what you really want out of life. Do you want to make your own decisions, or do you want to follow the path someone else wants for you? Do you have the authority, as your own person, to decide for yourself who you are and what you want? This is the defining moment of self-empowerment. Once you answer these questions, you will be able to speak for yourself when confronted with opposing views, rather than automatically subjecting yourself to internalizing the ideals of someone else.
Improve Your Self-Esteem by Repeating Daily
- Self empowerment involves initiative, motivation, self-belief, resilience, and visualizing the ability to overcome obstacles.
- Self empowerment is gaining control over the self.
- Self empowerment means you realize nobody has the ability to control your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, actions and reactions, or speech. Except for you.
For Self-Esteem and Self-Empowerment
- I am a beautiful person
- I am worthy of respect
- I am a worthwhile person
- I am trusting
- I am trustworthy
- I am capable of making my own decisions
- I am creating the life I want
- I am living the life I want
- I am motivated
- I am resilient
- I am my own authority
Because You Are Worth It
Have you thought about backlinking?
Get more traffic with backlinks. I started using shetoldme, it's real easy to join. Just follow the link to create an account, copy the URL of the site you want to create a backlink for and paste it into a scoop. When you click on 'send it now' you're done!
© 2010 Rafini