DoTerra Essential Oil: On-Guard Protein Shake
Been looking for beverages that help avoid the end of winter/beginning of spring colds and other sicknesses without having to plug your nose while drinking them?
Or maybe you're like me and you just don't have time to cook a breakfast for just one person and you often rely on a smoothie or shake in the mornings.
In either case, I experimented today and thought I would share my recipe with anyone interested.
Recently, my mom the Certified Nutritionist did her research and has realized tremendous transformations and everyday uses for doTerra's essential oils.
The company has a blend called On-Guard that is mainly used for building the immune system and shortening the length of sicknesses; it is mostly composed of orange peel extract, clove bud, and cinnamon.
So with this all in mind, I decided to put a few drops of this essential oil blend into my protein shake this morning...
And I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Read below for the recipe:
You can be creative and throw in the blender whatever you like and think would go well with something as amazing as On-Guard, but if you're one of those people
- 6-8 ounces of Coconut Milk
- 4-6 ounces of Almond Milk
- Tablespoon of Hemp seeds
- 1 Banana
- 2 big spoonfuls of Peanut Butter
- 1 small spoonful of chocolate hazelnut spread (cheap Nutella)
- 1 big scoop of Protein powder (I used Pea Protein because I try to avoid Whey and other dairy products and also because it doesn't have much of a flavor)
- 3-4 drops of On-Guard doTerra essential oil