- Diet & Weight Loss
Fat Flush Plan Diet, by Ann Louise Gittleman, lose the fat at a rate of 30 pounds in 5 weeks!
A little about Dr. Ann Louise Gittleman, the author
Ann Louise Gittleman has been called a health guru or visionary. She has authored 30 books on weight loss, detox, and natural foods were she uses her expertise to be a trendsetter.
Highly respected, she is a health pioneer and is an award-winning author. She's revolutionized weight loss in her "The Fat Flush Plan", published in 2002, and quickly became a New York Times bestseller.
Her favorite topics are detox and elimination of pollutants in the body. Dr. Ann Louise was recognized as a top 10 nutritionists in the US by "Self" and earned the "American Medical Writers Association Award" for excellence.
Lose the Fat by literally flushing it
The Fat Flush Plan diet is a detox & weight loss diet in one. The basic idea is to get all ingredients to give your metabolism a boost, increase fat loss, and reduce bloating.
- For at least the first 7 days you should restrict yourself to 1100-1200 cal/day. This first week is to reduce bloating (water retention) naturally, and lose fat in the process. Not allowed list:sugar, margarine, oils, grains, cereal, bread, starchy vegetables, or dairy products. Flax seed oil is okay to add to a salad in 1 tablespoon.
- For the next 4-6 weeks you should restrict yourself to 1200-1500 cal/day until you reach your goal weight. The same restriction as above but more calories. See a list of items that should be allowed.
- To maintain your weight, increase your caloric intake to 1500 calories or over. Your gradually re-introduce more and more vegetables, grains, and some dairy.
Other factors on the Fat Flush Plan
You should exercise 20 to 40 min/day in phases 2-3. The best method is just walking around more when you are out and about. Light weight lifting should be done twice a week. It is also very important to get as close to 8 hours of sleep as possible, no more or less.
Sample Fat Flush Plan Day
Long Life cocktail [ - see below]
8 oz hot water w/ lemon
2 scrambled eggs, with spinach, green peppers, scallions, and parsley. 8 oz cran-water - see below
1/2 Large grapefruit
20 minutes before lunch
8 oz cran-water
4 oz salmon w/lemon & garlic, asparagus, green leafy salad w/ broccoli & cucumber, 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil, & one 8 oz of cran-water
16 oz cran-water
20 minutes before dinner
8 oz carn-water
4 oz grilled lamb chop with touch of cinnamon & dried mustard, kale in broth, baked squash, and 1 tbls flaxseed oil
Long life cocktail
28 oz of water
4 oz of unsweetened cranberry juice
Long Life cocktail
1 rounded tsp of psyllium husk powder
8 oz of cran-water
Fat Flush Plan, does all of this really work?
- It has a healthy balance of all the ingredients of a good weight loss plan.
- There are many success stories online about this program.
- It is also a cleansing or detox diet.
- There are great exercise, weight training, and hydration elements.
- The water reduction part is temporary and therefore water weight will come back once you stop the detox phase.
- The extremely low calorie levels in phase 1 could have a negative affect on your metabolism.
- Cleansing diets have a small amount of evidence to back up the hype.
As with any diet you have to be motivated and be a person that is able to follow through. If you are you can find 100s of forums and communities of people that are doing it with you and can help support your efforts.
Fat Flush Plan Forever
Dr. Anne Gittleman, just released "Fat Flush for Life". This is a new version of the one from 2002 and is meant to explain how to do this program all year, so that is becomes a way of life and not "buzz word" or a program. All programs that help you lose weight should have an element to them to ensure life long health, so this is a great addition to her collection of books.