Health Benefits Of Fenugreek
Fenugreek is used throughout China, India, Morocco and Europe to make a herbal tea. Tea is made by adding one teaspoon of the seeds to a cup of boiling water, leave for 5-10 minutes and add honey.
- Fenugreek is well known as a culinary herb especially in India and Morocco.
- It is very popular in Indian cooking where the seeds are used in curries.
- They have a very strong, slightly bitter taste and are normally slightly roasted when used in cooking or used in powdered form.
- The leaves are also used in various recipes.
- This herb has small yellow flowers and the seed pods contain small flat yellow brown seeds.
- Fenugreek has a history as a medicinal herb.
- It is also well known for the way that it clears up mucous membranes. Fenugreek binds to toxins in the gut and removes them.
- This helps with leaking gut syndrome, bacterial infections, gastritis, stomach ulcers and inflammation of the small intestine. It improves digestion and has positive effects on the liver.
Helps with High Cholesterol
Fenugreek seeds may assist with cleaning clogged arteries. Sticky plaque constricts blood flow to your heart and raises your risk of heart attack or stroke. When your cholesterol is too high, plaque builds up on the inside walls of your arteries.
Rich in Vitamins and Minerals
- Fenugreek is also used in traditional medicine for treating arthritis and sexual dysfunction. This plant may increase testosterone levels. Harvard.edu
- This plant has a history as a breast enlarger and contains diosgenim which is used to make synthetic estrogen.
- Fenugreek is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, Vitamin 6, folic acid, potassium, copper, selenium, zinc, protein, dietary fiber, calcium, iron and vitamin K in the leaves.
- Its leaves and seeds help in blood formation and are good for preventing anemia.
Fenugreek Vita-lize Vegetarian Capsules
- 610 mg of seed powder extract supplements with many health benefits.
- Curves appetite and promotes weight loss.
- Also supports digestive and colon health.
- Breastmilk Booster Vita-lize fenugreek stimulate breast growth and increases the supply of milk.
- These herbs also increases emotional well-being. My friend bought these amazing pills after hearing so much about the product. She is happy and extremely positive with the results.
- Testosterone Enhancer. To help men who want to build muscle mass, as well as increase energy and their libido.
Feta and Fenugreek Salad
- 200g feta
- 100g walnuts (lightly crushed)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups fenugreek leaves(do not shred)
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Half a cup of mint leaves
- Dry fry the walnuts shredded pieces lightly in a pan.
- Then add salt and brown sugar
- Stir constantly
- Remove from heat when sugar begins to crystallize on the nuts
- Set aside
- Wash and pad dry the leaves
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice then add the leaves with the walnuts and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper
- Toss and serve.
Benefits and Uses of Fenugreek
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2016 Anita Hasch