Fenugreek seed nutritional value and health benefits
Fenugreek Seed is popularly known as Greek Hay or Fenigreek. It grows mediterranean region of the world and coming under Fabaceae family. This seed is widely used in Asia and some parts of Europe. It is a herb and the seeds are spicy and small with bitter taste. Fenugreek seeds have been found to contain protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium etc. So very rich in nutritional value. It has the power to cure lot of disease by consuming it in various methods. Home remedy is more useful and easy. Some emergency situation this home remedy tips may become more useful to us. Some of them are listed below.
1.Fever and illness :- Sometimes the sudden climatic variation causing fever and illness means seasonal ailments. In such climatic variation time we can consume this seed and can avoid sick.
2.Disease germs :- If we eat fenugreek seed in empty stomach early in the morning can kill disease germs in the stomach.
3. Ulcer :- Some people are suffering with ulcer in the stomach causing lot of discomfort . The fenugreek seed has the power to sooth ulcers in the stomach.
4. Acidity :- Sress and irregularity of eating habits are the two important aspect of acidity. The consumption of these seeds can reduce acidity of the stomach at a certain level.
5. Diarrhoea :- It is a very good remedy for diarrhoea of the stomach.
6. Heart burn:- Fenugreek seeds are highly useful as the remedy for heart burn.
7. Cholesterol :- By eating this seeds with meal can reduce the level of cholesterol.
8. Heartattack :- It has the power to reduce the risk of heart attack.
9. Bloodsugar :- Consumption of this seed can lowers the blood sugar level in the body.
10. Asthma and bronchitis:- It is best for respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis.
11. Reproductive and hormonal disorders:- It is good for reproductive and hormonal disorders.
12. Dandruff :- It is one of the best natural remedies for dandruff. The paste of fenugreek seed and curd is very useful for dandruff treatment and can use as natural hair conditioner.
13. Skin problems:- It can used for skin treatment.
14. Fenugreek has been known to increase milk production in lactating women also is very important.
Where to Buy Fenugreek
Fenugreek is often available in the form of seed,powder and capsule at many health food stores. The seeds can also often be found at Indian grocery. We may also be able to get the Fenugreek herbal tea bags.
CAUTION ;- Use of more than 100 grams of fenugreek seeds daily can cause distress in the intestine and nausea . Use the recommended dose only and it is less than 8 grams per day. Fenugreek is from the peanut and chick pea family. So do not use those who are allergic to peanut and chick pea. Inhalation of the powder form can cause asthma and allergic symptoms.